IronMikeAC

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 2, 2013
torrance, ca
Name
Mike
Boat
Vagabond
Would love to jump on a 2 or 3 day in Sept but have no interest in chasing footballs and skipies. Wish the boats would post Clemente or Bust. Probabably asking too much.

Reactions: Dan33 and terryc.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
yeah cant i.agine going after skippies and footballs when the chance of a lifetime but is there

Reactions: FishAcquisition

nicodemus

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 10, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE
Name
Nicholas Bronson
Boat
themodcatfish
New Lo-An has a couple coming up:

New Lo-An
2.75 Day
Sun. 10-7-2018 12:00 Noon
Wed. 10-10-2018 6:00 AM
$700
Full
2 3/4 day NEW MOON BLUEFIN TUNA SPECIAL. Ticket price includes your meals, Mexican fishing permit and bunk. Departure time is noon. Please bring a setup with 80# or 100#.

nicodemus

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 10, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE
Name
Nicholas Bronson
Boat
themodcatfish
Oops, just noticed they are full! They just posted them a couple days ago...

Shon

Fish til I can't fish no more
Jan 21, 2014
Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
Name
Shon
Boat
Spirit of Adventure/ Pac Voyager
New Lo-An has a couple coming up:

New Lo-An
2.75 Day
Sun. 10-7-2018 12:00 Noon
Wed. 10-10-2018 6:00 AM
$700
Full
2 3/4 day NEW MOON BLUEFIN TUNA SPECIAL. Ticket price includes your meals, Mexican fishing permit and bunk. Departure time is noon. Please bring a setup with 80# or 100#.
I like how they are including Mexican permits when they know they’re gonna be at Clemente fishing trophies! Funny stuff!

terryc.

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 12, 2006
Chatsworth
Name
Terry
Boat
20 ft. Marlin cc
I feel the same way Aztec Pac Queen Tomohawk and NLA are advertising These type trips

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Mike, I’ve been wandering over to the California boards, looking at catches, trips, etc. I’m just looking at maybe squeezing in a day and a half on Prowler, love to fish with Andrew. But there’s plenty of other discussions and the Tomohawk comes up quite a bit. Previously the Eclipse, still at Seaforth. They’re planning some trips, I think in October, for Bluefin. Check that, 2.5, 2.75 dayers. Might do the same in September but owner couldn’t commit to the SCI guarantee.

nicodemus

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 10, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE
Name
Nicholas Bronson
Boat
themodcatfish
I also just noticed that was an October trip. Looks like they have on later in October that hasn't filled yet. I'd go for it if I wasn't working...

500BBC

Oct 19, 2007
LA
Name
Brad
Boat
19' Schiada, Neighborhood Menace
Mike, I’ve been wandering over to the California boards, looking at catches, trips, etc. I’m just looking at maybe squeezing in a day and a half on Prowler, love to fish with Andrew. But there’s plenty of other discussions and the Tomohawk comes up quite a bit. Previously the Eclipse, still at Seaforth. They’re planning some trips, I think in October, for Bluefin. Check that, 2.5, 2.75 dayers. Might do the same in September but owner couldn’t commit to the SCI guarantee.
How's the skipper on the Tomahawk?

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
I wouldn't jump on any boat to fish big blue fin only. I will stay with the 8 to 10 day trips south. If we had a really good trip then I wouldn't mind fishing a day or two for big blue fin on the way back.

Wandering Blues

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
Here’s the trip I’ve got coming up. Hoping for good things at SCI. And it wouldn’t suck to get in some time at Cortes Bank just to round things out.
E2CEC456-A3C8-4230-A911-754BAFA03EAC.jpeg

Reactions: Shon

Let em eat 74

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 12, 2016
Anaheim Hills
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
Here’s the trip I’ve got coming up. Hoping for good things at SCI. And it wouldn’t suck to get in some time at Cortes Bank just to round things out.
View attachment 960219

I am looking forward to this trip too Curtis. It will be in the days leading up to a full moon as well which is optimal for these fish so far this year. 4.5 days is plenty of time to get after them (and hopefully some good yellowtail fishing as well).

Reactions: Olddog8

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
I am looking forward to this trip too Curtis. It will be in the days leading up to a full moon as well which is optimal for these fish so far this year. 4.5 days is plenty of time to get after them (and hopefully some good yellowtail fishing as well).
I’m already driving the wife nuts, re-lining reels, building leaders, organizing gear, and spending way too much time online shopping and perusing BD. It can’t come soon enough.

RockHopperNCKA

Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?

Damn, I'd hop on that trip but it's right before my 8 day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shon

kayakbeast33

Not so Newbie
Mar 9, 2012
buena park CA
Name
steven
Boat
Almost time
I wrote a report on a recent charter I ran on the tomahawk. It is a first class operation from top to bottom. No doubt my favorite 1.5-3 day boat.
X2 I was just on the accurate trip on the tomahawk great cap, excellent crew I will definitely be fishing with them again in the near future.

IronMikeAC

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 2, 2013
torrance, ca
Name
Mike
Boat
Vagabond
We were out on the dark moon when we got 24. So did the vagabond.

bluewaterbum

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 16, 2012
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
Would love to jump on a 2 or 3 day in Sept but have no interest in chasing footballs and skipies. Wish the boats would post Clemente or Bust. Probabably asking too much.
You do know that there’s 20 or so other people the skipper has to think of on the boat.
Yes getting a big bluefin is great, but most people that go on these trips want to catch fish. Not go on a 500 to 900 dollar boat ride.