RG Phishgasm

Parker CC & Dory CC
Sep 8, 2011
Orange/Ca/USA
Name
Ryan
Boat
Pomaika'i
Like many before me, the resounding "I never thought I would do this" (list my boat for sale)...but I think it opportunistic for the right buyer to consider. That said, right out of the gates and with all respect, I don't need to sell this boat. If desired and a good fit for the potential buyer...great. If there's no interest for the offer/price, no worries. I'll keep fishing. Principle reason for listing the sale = ideally, I find a bigger center console in the 21-23 range that gets me fired up; someday. I have my favorites, I'll be patient. That said, trade offers welcome but probably not realistic. Thank you.

Original 1996 Parker 1700 from the days of Blue Porpoise Marine in San Diego. Re-powered with a 2016 Yamaha 90 by Gonzalo and West Coast Marine in Newport/Costa Mesa. Key fact: I purchased Yamaha's 'YES' (extended service contract in play through June 2022), which is transferable. Gonzalo, Nick and the crew at West Coast have performed ALL services for me; from the original 75-hp two stroke maintenance to the mounting of this new 90hp. I have not requested an hourly report from their shop yet, but I predict that motor has about 275 hours; most of which are Newport Harbor hours if you know what I mean = idle, slow cruise, spotty fishing, harbor cruising with my family, etc.
>>>Yes, it runs offshore and to Catalina when the weather permits, but for the past six years this has been a coastal killer and mid-channel paddy/tuna hopper. I chased numerous fish in the channel these past years, thrown on tuna and mahi and yellowtail while still pitching & fishing the kelps for calicos and seabass. And, stripers and one swordfish. Despite this boat's size, it is diverse and can offer quite a bit for the dollar. 40-gallon fuel tank offers a lot of range for not a lot of money. I'd guess 4:1 depending on load, but I fish solo most of the time. If you kept it dry (no bait) and light, I'd be willing to say 5:1 range. Before you laugh, I've done it.....coastal bass fishing, bonito offshore on Snipers, you name it. This past rockfish season, I'd use the tank for a ice bath and keep the deck clean and clear of killbags, fish, clutter. It's perfect. Flip the switch and add water if you want to cull fish, or cut and bleed them.

At the time of the motor install, we also upgraded the bait system to a 30-gallon, Parker OEM tank with custom fabricated sitting bench on top. It is unique for sure, and a head turner for a boat of this size class. Tom Rogers' of Saltwater Specialties created the sitting bench, so it is sturdy and well built. New 700 gph pump keeps bait super happy; full scoop maximum, or 15-20 nice macks for seabass, yellows or striper (marlin) fishing is seamless. Clear (lexan-style) lid and tank has a light inside.

Single axle Pacific trailer just recently tuned up by Wayne at West Coast Trailers. Wayne replaced the springs, the bunks and the axle. The bearings are service free for 5-years; warrantied for 2-years, I believe. Tires (2) still have good life to them, but DOT dates coming due soon. 3rd spare tire mounted on starboard trailer frame. *Wayne hooked me up with a Bulldog removable trailer jack which has been a life saver; never gets wet, gears don't strip out like the cheap versions -- I wish I had found that option sooner as Wayne was spot-on recommending this product.

Full boat cover is about 15 months old; Sunbrella material covers bow to engine cowling in one piece. Great protection from dirt, grime and sun.

Electronics are old, but extremely functional. I always thought I'd dole-out a bunch of money to upgrade them, but truth be told this old Furuno sounder and Garmin GPS get me out, get me home and show me structure...and fish! There's a nice thru-hull transducer that came with the boat when I bought it, so maybe adding a better 9-12"system would be a suitable upgrade. And, radar if desired.

More cool stuff:
T-top with launchers, Rigid LED bow and stern lights put out quite the show.
Higher than average bow rail for a skiff of this size; antenna mounted on top; all wiring through the tubing. No electronics box, no T-Bag at present.
Bow is flush deck, no steps or anything to trip on. Anchor locker with rode, chain, sliding anchor [est. 30 feet of chain, 100 feet of rode]. Bow roller makes anchoring/pulling super easy.
Dry storage in front of helm, doubles as seat and has storage under lid where (2) Interstate Batteries are stored and protected. Additional space where I keep (2) dock fenders, ropes, tackle trays and safety equipment.
Side helm access door: Perko switch, electrical and steering access. *Newer clutch-driven steering cable is fantastic; smooth, holds steer position well.
Ample room on top of helm dash to add or upgrade electronic equipment. Dash has newer rocker panel for electric controls; no power outlet or phone jack. No stereo. A marine radio located inside sliding door compartment under steering wheel; additional space for tray, pliers, tackle, keys, wallet, phone, etc.

Pictures should (hopefully) show pride of ownership these past years. This boat is always cared for, always scrubbed, rinsed, Salt-Away'd, covered, loved and used. Never abused. Small, spartan but affordable to own and operate. I can measure up this week to give better dimensions on total length, width and height. Guesstimates are just that, but I fill a 20 foot space on the trailer and beam is likely 8.5 to 9 feet including the trailer. T-top height eludes my mind, much too high for a standard garage unless you had RV parking or a very high access. I'll measure it up per request.

Communication and questions: PM is probably better for detailed questions, as needed. I have more photos, if desired.

Blessings, Ryan
083.jpg
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1407.JPG
IMG_1408.JPG
IMG_1411.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG

cow boy

Nov 19, 2014
Name
cowboy
Boat
whaler
Hi like your boat what is your cruising speed outside. Might like to look at your boat this weekend. If you like give me a call 805 471 2261 thanks. Steve

taryn kelley

Mar 25, 2018
castaic ca
Name
taryn kelley
Boat
15' HPS&240 hallett&10' portabote
beautiful boat...This is one clean sled, pictures don't do it justice, you need to see in person!!! I wish I had the coin...GLWS
You don't want a Hobie Powerskiff with a yamaha 50 on it do you LOL!

Reactions: RG Phishgasm

RG Phishgasm

Parker CC & Dory CC
Sep 8, 2011
Orange/Ca/USA
Name
Ryan
Boat
Pomaika'i
beautiful boat...This is one clean sled, pictures don't do it justice, you need to see in person!!! I wish I had the coin...GLWS
You don't want a Hobie Powerskiff with a yamaha 50 on it do you LOL!
Thanks Taryn, kind of you to share your opinion. She is clean! Hope you are well. Keep in touch.

Robdog1

Well known member
Oct 23, 2018
Newport Beach
Name
Robert
Boat
Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
Please text me @ 949-759-2327 or feel free to PM me, I have a friend who’s been looking for a 17 and he and I would like to come take a look ASAP if you still have it.
Thanks-Robert

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
This is how you sell a boat!

Written details alone would convince me.

Nicely done.

Reactions: cordero