aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
Went out about 2 hrs ago to my spot for some clams.. Limited withen 45 mins. Got about 4 of them that were over 6 inches. Made a bowl of clam cocktail.. So Good!

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
Looks tasty!!!

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
In the Sticks
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
Lowe 1448M Fishing & Duck Boat "The MeatHog"
Nice eat's you've got there.

HTA

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 18, 2005
Anaheim
Name
Dan
Boat
N/A
Damn straight.....I love clamming this time of year. Good eats for sure.

elliemay

Navigator
Apr 22, 2007
Chatsworth
Name
Julie
Boat
Parker 2120
So how do you do it? Do you need to go out in the water and dig when the waves recede? How deep do you need to dig? Do you wait until low tide?

NiTeHawK

Sep 21, 2007
San Diego, CA
Name
Romel Patani
Boat
When I grow up..

HTA

Oct 18, 2005
Anaheim
Name
Dan
Boat
N/A
You need a claming fork and an accurate measuring device. A low or minus tide also aids in digging up the clams. You drive the fork 4-8 inches deep in the sand as you walk backwards about every 4 inches. When you hit a clam you know it, work around it with the fork until you can get under it and free it from the sand. If its a legal size bag it if not........you must dig a hole and bury it according to the DFG. When I was younger we would use a mask,snorkle and fins just working behind the surf line and dig em up by hand. Lots of good eats this time of year when its cold but as the water warms alge blooms affect the clams just like mussels and can make you very sick. Nows the time to do it so get out there I will be out later this week.

fishnbuddy

Jun 10, 2007
Murrieta
Name
Junior
Very nice limit!! I need to get on some more clams. Nice work.
...fishnbuddy

VERGIE

Nov 20, 2007
LONG BEACH
Name
MARIO
Boat
KAYAK
victor you need to get your ass whooped, that cocktail looks like a thing of beauty,got me drouling.

aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
Well i didnt use the shovel just went in with my swim shorts and feel for them with my feet.. Usually its the easiest way for me to get them. I went about thigh deep and felt for them.. Water wasnt even that cold this time of the year. I might go out later today let see if i can limit out again..

KennyMac

Jun 27, 2005
South Bay/Torrance Area
Name
Kenny
Boat
It's in the ex-wife's driveway (thanks for reminding me).
Dooood... look at the beards on those clams... way to go!

Hubert

More Gooder !
Feb 20, 2007
ca
Name
Hubyj
Boat
ss minnow
Hey Da Lurker !!! That's the same colored shells u got a few weeks ago. Did they let you out of the hospital yet or did the doctor say you needed several more treatments before the bleeding stops ? Those Nuclear clams will do it to ya every time man !

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
Hey Da Lurker !!! That's the same colored shells u got a few weeks ago. Did they let you out of the hospital yet or did the doctor say you needed several more treatments before the bleeding stops ? Those Nuclear clams will do it to ya every time man !
no prob with my clamz. i -i -i jus' have a stuutteerrrringgg prob now...

hopefully the secret will remain jus' that. *ahem*

JLL

Mar 5, 2008
SAN DIEGO, CA
Name
JERRY
Boat
N/A
We used to go clamming but we never had clams like those. Ours were just the smaller than the palm type clams. What kind of clams are those?