SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Hello fellows. Any cinnamon sabre guys out there? Any info on their history. And factory runs. I've now picked up my second cinnamon sabre. Which I got from a local BD native! Which is a beautiful stroker 660 20-50lb.... and now I've got an itch. A cinnamon itch that I just can't shake.

Has anyone ever seen a 8'+ cinnamon sabre? Are there any random cinnamon 540's out there? Or were these only built here and there. I've had a 2 piece 820 rod,but I just don't fish it. (Its heavy)

The thought of a 270-8h cinnamon or a 220 up to a 540
Last week wasn't that interested... This week I'm stuck on that cinnamon. Especially if there's a 540 out there😍🤦‍♂️🤷🏼

Last edited:
Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I have an 8' 270.I don't think those are the desirable Sabre's.Maybe made overseas i'm not sure.I paid $20 for it.Now the older stuff,chocolate and honey colored might be the best glass ever made.I restore a lot of old stuff and the Sabre's seem to refinish better than the others.

Reactions: SMYLEE
Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
You don't see a lot of original Cinnamon Sabres around. Most of the ones that I have seen in the past 20 or 25 years have been freshwater rods. Usually 5.5' or 6' and rated 12lb to 25lb. Most of the original factory rods were wrapped with yellow underwraps and brown overwraps and many had the early Fuji insert guides. You might find some 7' rods like 270's or 870's. I don't think I have ever seen a Cinnamon 6480, 90J, 540 etc. but Sabre made a lot of rods so it is very possible that there are some out there.
I checked through my pile of rods and I found 4 Cinnamon Sabres, a 1530, 1570, 1610 and a 1620. All of them are the BassStroker baitcasters, 5.5 or 6' long. I didn't find a single saltwater rod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
I had a factory cinnamon 800, like a dumbass I sold it. It Had a really ornate sabre label. Nice 8' 40lb rod. I might have a picture some where

Upvote 0

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
All I could find was. The label

5A101B0B-BA7B-468A-ACAA-A4C2AEE6B3DA.jpeg

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
All I could find was. The label

View attachment 1276740
My 660h has that same label. As well at the old stroker label at the first guide.
But O my!! a 800 cinnamon..😍 (I'm glad to know they exists)
I've got plenty of chocolate,honey,Yellows a few white sabres. But just now after this 660h I've kinda got them cinnamon's stuck in the brain.
I wouldn't mind slingin an 800 around! How long has it been since the day you let her go?
I’ve seen broken cinamons, never a broken yellow Sabre
I've seen broken EVERYTHINGS!
This 660h is thick walled and every bit the same as my Yellow and honey sabres.
I have an 8' 270.I don't think those are the desirable Sabre's.Maybe made overseas i'm not sure.I paid $20 for it.Now the older stuff,chocolate and honey colored might be the best glass ever made.I restore a lot of old stuff and the Sabre's seem to refinish better than the others.
What's the condition of your 270?? any pics of her?🤞🏼

Upvote 0

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Guy who bought the 800 traded it for a truline I think. God knows who hAs it now

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
My 660h has that same label. As well at the old stroker label at the first guide.
But O my!! a 800 cinnamon..😍 (I'm glad to know they exists)
I've got plenty of chocolate,honey,Yellows a few white sabres. But just now after this 660h I've kinda got them cinnamon's stuck in the brain.
I wouldn't mind slingin an 800 around! How long has it been since the day you let her go?

I've seen broken EVERYTHINGS!
This 660h is thick walled and every bit the same as my Yellow and honey sabres.

What's the condition of your 270?? any pics of her?🤞🏼
It's an unwrapped blank.What color cinnamon are we talking here ?

Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
  • Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    Pm sent.

Honestly, think the cinnamons are "pre chocolate". I have a f/w or two that said "California Tackle" on them. Old barn find stuff.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Mtnfshr

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 20, 2011
    Thornton
    Name
    Chuck Mc
    Boat
    none
    Honestly, think the cinnamons are "pre chocolate".

Actually, the cinnamon Sabres were rolled out in the early to mid, or later 70's and only for a few years. As I recall, the chocolates were before that. I've been wrong before. 🤷 I recall the heavier saltwater rods used the Fuji, chromed DHG guides.

Reactions: SMYLEE and plj46
    Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    I'm pretty sure the Cinnamon Sabre rods came sometime after the chocolate Sabres. Most of the chocolate Sabres had the Varmac metal reelseats and the regular all metal Perfection boat guides. Most of the Cinnamon Sabre rods had the Fuji graphite reelseats and the early Fuji ceramic insert guides similar to the S glass SabreLite rods which came sometime after the chocolate Sabre rods.

Reactions: SMYLEE and plj46
    Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    Actually, the cinnamon Sabres were rolled out in the early to mid, or later 70's and only for a few years. As I recall, the chocolates were before that. I've been wrong before. 🤷 I recall the heavier saltwater rods used the Fuji, chromed DHG guides.
    I'm pretty sure the Cinnamon Sabre rods came sometime after the chocolate Sabres. Most of the chocolate Sabres had the Varmac metal reelseats and the regular all metal Perfection boat guides. Most of the Cinnamon Sabre rods had the Fuji graphite reelseats and the early Fuji ceramic insert guides similar to the S glass SabreLite rods which came sometime after the chocolate Sabre rods.
    So does any have any laying around??????

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    Well keep an eye out and if you get a whiff of one please let me know. I was just told of another 540 out there soooooooooooo the hunt coniuntues

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    It's an unwrapped blank.What color cinnamon are we talking here ?
    Here's cinnamon blanks color. Brown to honey. And when lifted toward the light the tips get translucent. All glass. Thick walls. Normal sabre grain. Butt pic is a side by side next to my yellow 660h

IMG_5771.JPG

IMG_5773.JPG

IMG_5774.JPG

Upvote 0