plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I wouldn't complain about a few simple rules to follow.This doesn't sound too unreasonable considering the other options which would be complete closure.

DennisV

Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
I wouldn't complain about a few simple rules to follow.This doesn't sound too unreasonable considering the other options which would be complete closure.
Agreed. Politically speaking, it's a pretty bold move. I don't begrudge them a little ass coverage.

FishingFiend

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 5, 2003
SoCal
Name
FishingFiend
Boat
Robalo Cayman 226
It's a step in the right direction, but it feels like someone who doesn't boat wrote the guidelines... Are their launch ramps managed by physical staff? Why put such a time restriction in place and cause a traffic jam at the end of the day? OC Ramps have been successfully open without these odd restrictions, do they not share information?

• The hours of the launch ramp and parking lot will be 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week.
  • Vehicles in the parking lot after closing will be cited by Ventura County Harbor Patrol, and the cited vehicle will be prohibited from future use of the launch ramp for one month.

PaDDy Killer'

May 9, 2008
Santa Clarita
Name
Patrick
Boat
Parker 2520 & 17' Whaler
Great it's open but lame as shit regarding the rules.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Good luck enforcing those rules when 200 boats show up with 2 people in each.
I hear it going to be in the 80s this weekend and everyones been stuck inside for a month so the combo of nice weather and cabin fever is going to keep authorities in recreational areas hopping,I bet they just stand by and watch.

salty nuts

Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
You guys sound like a bunch of fucking cry baby's. The weather is shit anyway for a week. Stop complaining.

Mickdick

Nov 9, 2014
Thousand Oaks
Name
Jason
Boat
Parker 2310
I’m stoked that’s it’s open again. Let’s be honest that getting back after 6 is unlikely as the channel has usually turned to shit by then. Be glad that we’re getting back to normal and go enjoy...after this week of course as weather is shit

Reactions: wils

InDeepShip

Nov 5, 2017
SD
Name
Adam
Boat
N/A
I’m stoked that’s it’s open again. Let’s be honest that getting back after 6 is unlikely as the channel has usually turned to shit by then. Be glad that we’re getting back to normal and go enjoy...after this week of course as weather is shit
And if you wanted to stay later why not just spend the night at the islands at that point

fullclip

May 15, 2008
Upland ca
Name
jeremy
Boat
Mushroom 26 prosport
Channel island harbor is putting into place
Some stupid regulations. They need to get a clue from Ventura and Santa Barbra. Thank god some people still have common sense. Why does it matter if I want to leave at 4 am or come back at 2 am. Boaters have to contend with the weather and shouldn’t be forced into only using the ramp during certain hours. What if I want to overnight on my boat? My truck will get a ticket in their parking lot?

Laukia

boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic
"My truck will get a ticket in their parking lot? "

Yes..........and, as an added bonus, you are now " the cited vehicle will be prohibited from future use of the launch ramp for one month. "

Ventura mo betta on the launch ramps.

Wild West

Wild West
Aug 7, 2003
Ventura
Visit site
Name
Bob
Boat
25 Skipjack SC
This rule for Ventura harbor really puts a damper on it for me:
  • Each vehicle/vessel is limited to members of the same household
It does actually make sense from the public health perspective though...

Laukia

boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic
Another wrinkle to rankle over..........Morro Bay launch ramp is open to locals only (San Luis Obispo County residence).

Morro Bay Launch Ramp - Covid-19 Precautions
(Effective April 22, 2020 Until Further Notice)
Morro Bay Harbor Department will conduct a trial opening of the public boat launch ramp to San Luis Obispo County residents only in order to provide recreational fishing opportunities. In order for the launch ramp to remain open, we MUST adhere to the State and County Shelter at Home Orders which specify recreating in your own neighborhood and limiting discretionary travel. Violation of or failure to comply with these orders is a misdemeanor punishable by $1,000 fine, imprisonment, or both (Cal. Gov. Code 8665; Cal. Health & Safety Code 120295; and County Code 2.80.130).
1) California IDs and Boat Registration will be checked to ensure San Luis Obispo County residents only.
2) The launch ramp will be open to recreational and commercial vessels with restricted hours each day from 6am to 4pm.
3) The Fish Cleaning Station and Rinse Down Station are CLOSED, you must clean your fish and boat at home.
4) Social Distancing is required and enforced. Face Masks must be worn at all times when outside your vehicle.
5) Parking Fees will be collected for the yellow trailer stalls. $6 per day or annual pass available at the Harbor Office.

Last edited:

Tom W

Sep 27, 2014
Name
Tom
Boat
NitaMarie 22' Robalo
Another wrinkle to rankle over..........Morro Bay launch ramp is open to locals only (San Luis Obispo County residence).

Morro Bay Launch Ramp - Covid-19 Precautions
(Effective April 22, 2020 Until Further Notice)
Morro Bay Harbor Department will conduct a trial opening of the public boat launch ramp to San Luis Obispo County residents only in order to provide recreational fishing opportunities. In order for the launch ramp to remain open, we MUST adhere to the State and County Shelter at Home Orders which specify recreating in your own neighborhood and limiting discretionary travel. Violation of or failure to comply with these orders is a misdemeanor punishable by $1,000 fine, imprisonment, or both (Cal. Gov. Code 8665; Cal. Health & Safety Code 120295; and County Code 2.80.130).
1) California IDs and Boat Registration will be checked to ensure San Luis Obispo County residents only.
2) The launch ramp will be open to recreational and commercial vessels with restricted hours each day from 6am to 4pm.
3) The Fish Cleaning Station and Rinse Down Station are CLOSED, you must clean your fish and boat at home.
4) Social Distancing is required and enforced. Face Masks must be worn at all times when outside your vehicle.
5) Parking Fees will be collected for the yellow trailer stalls. $6 per day or annual pass available at the Harbor Office.

Tom W

Sep 27, 2014
Name
Tom
Boat
NitaMarie 22' Robalo
Any word on Santa Barbara?? Was planning on a trip this Sunday with a buddy??

Laukia

boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic
BOAT LAUNCH
CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES
April 22, 2020
The City of Santa Barbara Waterfront Department will be re-opening the boat launch facilities for recreational use as of 4:00 a.m. Friday, April 24th, 2020
The following launch ramp operational changes will be in place to ensure continued safe social distancing until further notice:
• Staggered launch bays to ensure vessels can’t be launched side by side
• Wash stations will remain closed to ensure adequate social distancing
• Request that masks be worn while outside of vehicles in the launch area
• Request that people not congregate while waiting to launch
• Request that vessels/vehicles be limited to five (5) people or less
The continued use of the launch ramp during the Coronavirus public health emergency depends on users respecting these guidelines and is subject to change based on situational updates from Santa Barbara County Health and/or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Please report any issues to Harbor Patrol at (805) 564-5530

Lundalakan

Sep 29, 2016
Socal, Poway
Name
Lou
Boat
Lund alaskan
It’s great they are opening....sort of. But with social distancing being the mantra of the day, why close half the ramps and wash stations? Seems to run counter to the rule du jour