Christmas Came Early This Year!!!

Discussion in 'Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming reports' started by MeCrankMate, Dec 19, 2010.

1. MeCrankMate

MeCrankMate TheLegendOfTheLuckyScale

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Float Tube "Shark Dougnut"
    Have I mentioned how much I love living in Idaho? My dad and I have been threatening to get together and spend a day exploring some areas down stream from his house and finally we cleared the time to get out and do just that. Weather came in on Sat. and left us a little present overnight...
    012.jpg
    We were expecting this anyways, so we were geared up with the cold weather gear and set off to do some walking. Got down to the river and it was a winter wonderland. So quiet and still.... and as you can see it was SUPER crowded today as usual.
    010.jpg
    011.jpg
    Keeping with the pattern from this last week... weapon of choice was the magic gold Phoebe... it didn't disappoint. Fish were where they were supposed to be and every fish was a hard fighting native.
    009.jpg
    008.jpg
    007.jpg
    006.jpg
    We worked many runs throughout a 3 mile stretch, so many spots that looked so absolutely rediculous. In the spring, most of these spots will be inaccessable due to water levels and growth of the plants. In one of those runs that you stand back and look at and say to yourself. "Damn, this spot is fishy", I nailed what wound up being my personal best German Brown to date
    004.jpg
    003.jpg
    002.jpg
    After a 10 min battle on 2# I finally got him in and got a look at him. Went 4.6 on the digital scale and measured out at 24". Judging by the size of his head in relation to his body, he probably would weigh some where around 5 to 6 lbs in the summer after gaining some weight after the spawn. Truly a beautiful fish. Took some reviving after the long fight, but he swam off into the deep current and will live to blow someone elses mind another day.
    001.jpg
    Caught a couple more rainbows and another nice brown from under an over hanging log and that about rounded up the day. A steady rain and 6 and a half hours of no food or beer prompted us to call it and head back. All in all, a truly epic winter session on the river and a great day with my dad. Final fish count, 7 rainbows and 3 browns (all fish released). My dad caught several rainbows as well, but I lost count of his.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      171 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. BOATSODA

BOATSODA Team Boat Soda

Name:
    ERIC
    Boat:
    17' Boston Whaler Montauk "GIGSTICK"
    Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go on your personal best brownie......hope you have a great christmas mate....talk to you soon........................

3. osidefishin

osidefishin big daddy

Name:
    chuck
    Boat:
    18' Klamath cc " Second chance "
    looks like a great day hangin out with pops,way to go..

4. spike

spike Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Spike Ivins
    Boat:
    any chance I get
    Very nice Scott!

5. @-EZ

@-EZ Fail, try again.

Name:
    Max
    Boat:
    Trophy Pro, @-EZ
    Damn nice fish. Thank you for the report..

6. jpurkiss

jpurkiss Newbie

Name:
    Josh
    Boat:
    sold
    I can't wait to move there.

7. USMCfish

USMCfish USMC-FISH

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Tuna Can
    Very nice and looks beautiful!

8. BringTheFeesh

BringTheFeesh Newbie

Name:
    Travis
    Boat:
    Ninjak
    Gorgeous fish. The Gold Phoebe always deliver. Love the colors on that 'Bow especially.

9. KILLA

KILLA Newbie

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Still Lookin
    DAMN, hommie! Dude im so jelious bro, just living it up out there. You should invest in a Nice video camera and make your own show. POST IT on BD...Merry Christmas to you and your family

10. Captain Curt

Captain Curt Cooter

Name:
    Curtis
    Boat:
    24ft Skipjack FB "Hanna"
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Curtis..........

The boat Hanna..............

11. geno machino

geno machino "Relax" - Everything is going to be just fine!

Name:
    Gene
    Boat:
    Revo 13
    Excellent read.......looked like a great way to spend some quality time with Pops!

12. MeCrankMate

MeCrankMate TheLegendOfTheLuckyScale

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Float Tube "Shark Dougnut"
    Gonna try and start taking video with my camera phone, but will have to have someone with me to do it. Can't tangle with a fish of that size on 2# and shoot video at the same time... atleast I can't. I've seen some damn good video's on BD and always wondered if they had help or not. Anyway, got my new lic. for the year on Sun so will try and head out with the boys this week and see what's on the chew.