Offshore Choppy out but the fish are biting!

PENN

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
My youngest turned 13 yesterday and he wanted to go out fishing with friends so headed out about an hour ago from DP and came up on something feeding only a few miles from shore... The boys thought it was large yellowtail and a couple of large dark orange fish were mixed in so not sure what those were but it was a feeding frenzy for 30 min.. We threw irons and fly lined dines and they wouldn't play.. So thought we would throw out the trollers and 10 min. ago we caught and released a nice one.... I'll keep you posted if we see anything worth heading out for but there are birds diving everywhere! not sure if you can see anything in a few of these pics but I'll post them anyway...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.png image.png image.jpeg

Upvote 0

Weekend Bender

Keeping it clean
Aug 28, 2008
Laguna Hills Ca.
Name
Chris
Boat
N/A Just the gear
Please check out 267 and report back in 1 hr.:D

And if you run into my buddy sledding around in a 26ft Century with dark green hull, tell him to call me.

Thanks for the "On the water" report!

Upvote 0

Woodeneye

May 23, 2007
North Orange County
Name
Chris
Boat
Striper 2300
Heading put tomorrow out of Dana. Be happy to find Bonita in close bringing the fly rods just in case. But plan on heading 279-209-277 area for one last crack at the tuna.

Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
Heading put tomorrow out of Dana. Be happy to find Bonita in close bringing the fly rods just in case. But plan on heading 279-209-277 area for one last crack at the tuna.
We caught a few on troll using the same cheap blue and white feather that we caught the wahoo on last year...even with the eyes chewed out of it.. Fisheez love this cheap feather lol

Reactions: FatBoy4130
Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
Please check out 267 and report back in 1 hr.:D

And if you run into my buddy sledding around in a 26ft Century with dark green hull, tell him to call me.

Thanks for the "On the water" report!
Haha ok I'll let you know if I see him.. Wind is starting to lay down a bit

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
Right on Debi, glad to see you got out.

The boat looks great and the boys look happy.

You are a Great Mom!!!

Love the on the water reports!

Reactions: lynndeva
Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
The boys were back at it again today.. The plan was to hunt for tuna but until I get my bait tank dialed in I'm out...

We did go to Catalina Island for a day of catch and release.. A bit of rain but they were troopers.. Stopped on a patti on the way out and could see it was holding some fat yellowtail but again,no live bait so we tried alternatives but no go..

A fun session of catch and release and the kids were happy.

Glass all the way back :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeeDaGuy
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Love that Island!!

There is just something insanely cool about seeing boys this age fishing together as close friends all the time...... they are all very lucky!!

These fishing trips you're doing with them will be etched in their brains forever, and they will without any doubt remember and talk about them a long long time from now..... guaranteed!!

I don't know how some of you who take these on the water fishing pics make some of the pictures pop with such clarity, but damn are some of those shots super bitchen!!

Am I seeing things, or is that one pic of the Para Sail made to look like a flying Halloween Pumpkin LOL....... pretty cool.

Chalk up another kick ass momery < (that means memory with mom) ;)

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
BTW...... Just what is "Love bait", and where can a guy find some? I might just have to purchase me some and give it a try sometime. LOL

Maybe that's what's wrong... I've been trying to keep love bait alive.. Need to go back to just trying live bait.

Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
DFG down here walking away with coolers and issuing citations left and right.. I'm glad I'm not into lobsters o_O

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
Also, I found a key on the boat launch docks last night if anyone is missing it? I left it at the Embarcadaro office.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
Beautiful write up and awesome pics Debi, looks like you have the boat dialed in for sure. The bait thing will come. Just a matter of time for a woman with your wit!

Those boys have it made!

Thanks for sharing Awesome Mom!!

Upvote 0

fishfish

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
All I can say is Awesome pics with an awesome report and an awesome Mom !!!
May God bless you.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I see bitchen greens and purples in those hills....... those colors look sick! 3rd pic from the top is super cool!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0