Not open for further replies.

recurveman

May 26, 2007
Casa Grande AZ
Name
Chad
Boat
Friends boats are cheaper
So I just got an email that the Chief's 2.5 day is getting canceled for this weekend. Guess the coast guard said that they can't leave the harbor until they get the boat fixed. If you have a trip scheduled on this boat I would go get your money and reserve another spot on another boat. What a joke. Just spent $350 on a passport, $700 on new heavy gear rods, grip tackle, packed everything I could and now this. I'm so pissed I can't even begin to tell you.

What a half assed operation this is.

Upvote 0

Tar Pit

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 7, 2006
    Reno NV
    Name
    Friend of Bucko Shaw
    Boat
    None.
    I know 2 or 3 other posts looking for people this weekend.

Upvote 0

Danny

Fish Doper
    May 17, 2009
    Torrance
    Name
    Danny
    Boat
    SS FAT GUY
    Really? You have never had a break down before? Machines break sometimes. It's a fact of life.
    Heaven forbid your car ever breaks down on your way to work. Think your boss will think of you like that?

I'm sure the boat owner and crew really just wanted to screw you out of fishing this weekend.
    They aren't in it to make money
    OMG!
    Get over it!

Upvote 0

freegaff2

Aug 31, 2014
    Name
    Craig Simcox
    Boat
    none
    at the height of the season, as often as the boats run, I'm really impressed with how seldom this happens...tough for the OP, and if it happened to me, would be a pisser...but calling the operation half assed takes it a little far IMO, unless the problem has been ongoing and the boat has put it off. Then again, if so...somebody's trip was going to get cancelled to fix the problem. I'm sure more info will be forthcoming...popcorn?

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Reminds me of a 3/4 day trip years ago where a guy complained about us catching wide open yellowfin tuna right off the stern...

Upvote 0

freegaff2

Aug 31, 2014
    Name
    Craig Simcox
    Boat
    none
    one spot on the Sea Adventure 80 3 day...couple of other openings, but I would get on the phone now...

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    So I just got an email that the Chief's 2.5 day is getting canceled for this weekend. Guess the coast guard said that they can't leave the harbor until they get the boat fixed. If you have a trip scheduled on this boat I would go get your money and reserve another spot on another boat. What a joke. Just spent $350 on a passport, $700 on new heavy gear rods, grip tackle, packed everything I could and now this. I'm so pissed I can't even begin to tell you.

What a half assed operation this is.

Yup.....A joke! You will never need your passport again. Throw those new heavy rods and gear in the trash. Your packed. Get on another boat like your telling others to do.

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Last September I was booked on the Ocean Odyssey for a 2.5 day. Drove down from HB to San Diego. The trip was supposed to leave at 7. About 9 pm the boat was still not back and word came in that the OO had problems with the RSW system and would not be going.

The Constitution was still at the dock with 2 spots left for a 1.5 day, and I was one of the lucky ones to get on board. I got to go fishing and caught a bunch of yellow fin. A lot of people went home disappointed without fishing, because there were no other boats available. I just kept thinking what would have happened if I did not get on a boat. I had a few too many extra beers waiting for the OO, so I could not drive back. I would have had to sleep in the truck or get an expensive hotel room.

At least you got advanced notice. Hopefully you can still get on another boat. Next weekend will be better than the holiday anyway.

PS - I am booked on the OO for another 2.5 day 10/2. I know it was not their intention - I'm sure they lost a ton of $$ until it was fixed - and shit happens.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

odnealtim

Almost A Member
    Jun 21, 2008
    pahrump nv
    Name
    tim
    Boat
    22 advantage
    Really...this is just stupid we have all been there a time or two,there is alot of factors including engines,drives,pumps,fack refridgeration systems, and of coarse people...get over jump on another boat,shat look on bloody decks there are still trips out there dont let it ruin your weekend

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Some of you guys are mean.The guy spent a bunch of money and planned to fish a certain schedule.I'd be pissed to.Its not that simple to just book elsewhere and keep your own schedule intact.Yes stuff breaks,on some boats it happens more often than usual.

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0

Klamath17

Almost A Member
    Aug 8, 2011
    Inland Empire
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Anything that floats
    Don't forget, it's an entire lost trip for the boat and crew too, right at the height of the season and just before a big holiday weekend.

It's no fun when that happens, but it's inevitable at some point. Just be glad it is being fixed at the docks before it became a problem at sea.

I'm sure there is an opening somewhere with enough persistence, especially for a cancelled trip. Good luck!

Upvote 0

odnealtim

Almost A Member
    Jun 21, 2008
    pahrump nv
    Name
    tim
    Boat
    22 advantage
    Not trying to be a dick here just saying....working around heavy equiptment,shit goes down at the most inopertune time..its a bummer but it does happen from time to time

Upvote 0

odnealtim

Almost A Member
    Jun 21, 2008
    pahrump nv
    Name
    tim
    Boat
    22 advantage
    At least u have options i have drove 300 miles only to have the charter master tell me he forgot to call me cuz of weather on a 2 day...still made rhe best if it at the beach

Upvote 0

recurveman

May 26, 2007
    Casa Grande AZ
    Name
    Chad
    Boat
    Friends boats are cheaper
    Well the landing said the coast guard wouldn't let them leave because of an on going fuel issue. That's what we were told. Me and my buddy called seaforth, h&m and fishermans landing and they all said all of the multi day trips are booked this weekend for more than one guy. Keep in mind we are from AZ

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat
    Boat-less (Sad)
    So What kind a good shit are you selling??
    Your not going to use the new gear and I need a new fancy reel!!

Reactions: wieisme
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.