CAPTRANDEL

May 20, 2004
San Diego, California
www.facebook.com
Name
Chris Randel
Boat
CHIEF
The mighty Chief was out on our annual Ed Manajarres Disney land 2-1/2 day charter this past weekend and missed the Super Bowl but were rewarded with excellent fishing as we landed 163 Yellowtail in the 15 to 30 pound range along with 78 Lingcod and limits of assorted Rock cod at Collonett. It was breezy on Saturday with a clearing wind from the passing low so we focused on the Yellowtail all day and that worked out great. Sunday morning the breeze was gone allowing us to have nice long drifts for the Lings, Reds, Grouper and other tasty bottom fish in 40 to 60 fathoms. This winter has produced some of the best fishing that I have seen in many years and should continue right into Spring and Summer.

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

Upvote 0

PoolSmart

Almost A Member
Nov 26, 2006
So Cal
Name
Rick
Boat
Blackman 20 Express
Killed it! I was on with you guys the week before. Had a great time. Nice boat, great crew, killed many fish. I'll be booking again soon.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
WOW awesome load of fish for the customers Chris and crew...WAY TO GO! Another killer trip on Chief! LOL

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Hey Chris, we just signed up a few for the 2/27 trip. Very stoked to finally get into some fishy water (instead of sitting at this desk). Are you guys cool with bleeding the fish after they come over the rail? I certainly don't mind doing it. A couple of our favorite sporties here in Dana have been going the extra mile taking care of the meat which I appreciate.

Look forward to catching up and tight lines!

Upvote 0

CAPTRANDEL

May 20, 2004
San Diego, California
www.facebook.com
Name
Chris Randel
Boat
CHIEF
Hey Chris, we just signed up a few for the 2/27 trip. Very stoked to finally get into some fishy water (instead of sitting at this desk). Are you guys cool with bleeding the fish after they come over the rail? I certainly don't mind doing it. A couple of our favorite sporties here in Dana have been going the extra mile taking care of the meat which I appreciate.

Look forward to catching up and tight lines!
Ask and you will receive as we bleed fish upon request but have ran into problems with Jack Pot fish so we only do it if requested

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

bassjedi

Jan 5, 2009
Kemah, TX
www.howtocatchanyfish.com
Name
Dan
Boat
None
I was on this trip; it was great. Still sad about how many yellows I farmed, but they were big fish and many times they bit right on the bottom so it's hard to bat 1.000 in that situation. I did get some nice ones in the boat though which was a blast. A great time was had by all.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Hey Chris, Just curious. What are you finding in the stomachs of both YT and rock fish? Are these red crab infesting the waters down there also?

Upvote 0

c-nut

Fishing addict
Mar 2, 2003
Murrieta, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
TBA
Chris, you got a great boat and crew there! I missed this one and Ed was hounding me to go, wish I had. I did the 2.5 Disney trip last year and my son won one of the JP with a big yellow caught on a broken seat real! What a blast, by far you, your crew and boat are on the top of my list. Thanks for the memories! I'll stop in at the day at docks and say hi if your in port.
Glenn

Upvote 0

Latest posts