tbev

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 21, 2017
SoCal
Name
tom
Boat
Skipjack 24
If someone smarter than me could give me a confirmation that my plan works or tell me if I'm missing anything I'd appreciate it. Fancy diagram of my layout attached.

I have a four T connector and one additional T on one end with a terminator cap on the end and a 12ft drop cable going to the other set of T's.
I'm wondering if I need to add power into the second set of T's?
Should I use a backbone cable instead of a drop cable to connect the two sets of T's ?
Anything else ?

Thanks!

20200722_192857.jpg

tbev

Dec 21, 2017
SoCal
Name
tom
Boat
Skipjack 24
Looks good
No autopilot control head?
Nac2 to a priority valve, nac2 connects to nmea backbone and controlled by mfd, that sounds good to you yeah? I'm not using a separate ap control just the mfd and ap BT remote... I wonder if that fuxkn thing needs to be connected to nmea as well...?

tbev

Dec 21, 2017
SoCal
Name
tom
Boat
Skipjack 24
Yup, the only thing the Wr10 BT remote connects to is the nmea and of course the cnuts didn't include a cable or a T.

tbev

Dec 21, 2017
SoCal
Name
tom
Boat
Skipjack 24
Yeah, but I need a couple cables and random things, adding to existing system.

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Definitely put the 12V power connection as close as possible to where the devices need it. If you can locate it on the other side of the 12 ft drop cable next to your precision 9 sensor, it would be better. If not, put it where you have in your diagram since its close to the middle point of your backone. Those N2K devices are low powered and you should be okay either way. If you ever need to add a connection point to your motor in the future like a Yamaha cable, you would need a power isolator in the circuit to keep the power from flowing back to the engine.

Reactions: tbev

tbev

Dec 21, 2017
SoCal
Name
tom
Boat
Skipjack 24
Thanks Shadow, that's exactly the type of thing I'm trying to anticipate. So the P9 compass comes with a T and a 15ft cable but the BT remote base does not.