Charter on Kauai

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Fishing Reports Forum' started by tkms002, Apr 7, 2013.

1. tkms002

tkms002 Newbie

Name:
    Bruce
    Boat:
    defiant
    The wife and I are celebrating out 25th on Kauai next month. I was hoping to get some recommendations for a good charter boat. Or, just as importantly, bad charters to avoid.
    Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated.
    Thanks

2. dweston

dweston Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Duane
    Boat:
    yours
    Welcome to Bloody decks check out Captn J with Deep sea fishing Kauai great guy to fish with . Congrats on the 25th!

www.deepseafishingkauai.com

3. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    x2 with capt j!!!

4. wailua boy

wailua boy Newbie

Ohana fishing charters (fishingcharterskauai.com) or lahela ocean adventures (lahela-adventures.com). depending on what you are looking for in a charter, either of these will suit your needs. I've worked for and still work for both of them when I am not in school. Lance is the coolest, most mellow guy I know and really treats everyone of his guests like family. Scott is a commercial fisherman turned charter boat captain. both of them like to, and most definitely know how to fish hard. Both boats have shimano tiagra trolling gear. Scott's boat is the larger of the two, and like conventional charter boats has a unlimited class fighting chair and fly bridge where he operates the boat from at all times. Lance's boat is a wilson radon from santa barbara with no bridge, and no fighting chair, however he has a gimbal mounted mid ship which takes the place of the conventional fighting chair. The setup of Lance's boat allows him to be much more intimate with the customers.