charter fishing in Kauai

fishtride

Oct 3, 2008
Telluride,co usa
Name
Tony
Boat
Indy
Does anyone know of a good boat to fish out of Kauai?
My family and I will be there in April.

I am also wondering if there is some shore fishing opportunities?

SAN PEDRO BAIT

El Nino !!
Apr 6, 2007
PEDRO
Name
none
Boat
barge
Thats a great question, ill be there the same month and am wondering the same.

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
I had good experience with a Capt. Ron. He has a catamaran now. I don't have contact info on me at work right now, but I'm sure a google search will get you the info. A phone call to Start me Up in Maui may get you a good recommendation, I don't know of any kauai guys that sponsor BD.

I did have a bad experience with a sportfishing broker over there, it involved a bogus charge on a CC. Long time ago, so I don't remember the details well.

ccbluewater

Jun 5, 2008
Houston
Name
Kyle
Check out Lahela Sportfishing. We fished with them back in July, and had a blast. Capt. Howard is a really great captain, and a lot of fun to be around. We had a 155LB YF & a 195lb YF!

WACH ISS

Apr 30, 2007
san diego county
Name
cary
Boat
23' trophy, tranquilo
a few years back I had a great trip with Stand Up sportfishing not sure if they are still around

hiroshi808

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 2, 2010
Kauai
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hiroshi
Right now the weather been howling and gusty! For about two weeks straight.
Hopefully the weather participates when you get down here!

fishintuition

Dec 16, 2010
Honolulu, HI USA
Name
Mike
Boat
the transom
Make it x5....never fished with them, but everybody else seems amped!!

Kai Bear used to do pretty good, but not sure on their current status

Bizzy

May 19, 2009
Poway CA
Name
Tom
Boat
25 Parker
Check out Lahela Sportfishing. We fished with them back in July, and had a blast. Capt. Howard is a really great captain, and a lot of fun to be around. We had a 155LB YF & a 195lb YF!
Great boat and crew, one of the best charters I've ever been on.

fishtride

Oct 3, 2008
Telluride,co usa
Name
Tony
Boat
Indy
Thanks for the great information. We are staying on the north side, but it looks like the drive to the southern towns is the ticket. I will give a report when I return.

physher

Mar 29, 2011
Alameda/CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Hewes
I will be in Kauai April 12th through April 19th and I'd like to share a charter. I'm pretty flexible with schedule. Any interest?

thanks

Mike

fishtride

Oct 3, 2008
Telluride,co usa
Name
Tony
Boat
Indy
I ended up going out with Ohuna charters out of the Niwiliwi harbor, much less of a drive for me. We had Lance and Daren, both very good captins, working the charter. We went out to one of the FADs and caught 4 nice ahi and 3 aku.
On the way back, hooked a very large marlin that we fought and lost after about a 30 min battle. Very exciting!
The boat is a converted commercial boat. Not your typical layout but very functional. The captains were very good and professional. They worked hard and know their stuff. Hopefully I will head out with again next week.