Charleston Salmon 2021

Bo Peep

Dec 22, 2015
Roseburg
Name
Rob
Boat
20' North River
Chased a Hot Chinook salmon bite to Charleston last week tried for 6 hours on a nice flat windless ocean. Had one bite and released a 20" shaker. But not all lost got to take my soon to be 90 year old Gramps on a perfect day for fishing on the ocean.

Side note the bite was still there I did not go far enough south to find it, I was about 4 miles short.

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    ut not all lost got to take my soon to be 90 year old Gramps on a perfect day for fishing on the ocean.
    Good job getting Grampa out 👍

Upvote 0

Bo Peep

Dec 22, 2015
    Roseburg
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    20' North River
    Fished this last weekend out of Winchester Friday 6 for 14 in 1.5 hours Saturday 8 for 14 in just under three hours. 300' south of the whistler just a bit. Best Coho fishing I have seen in years even managed a 15lb. Chinook.

The highlight of the trip was Saturday I took my 12 year old daughter and my 90 year old Grandpa Watching her catch fish in the ocean was priceless to him a memory never forgotten. She had blast fighting fish and he had a blast watching her not sure how many more trips he has under his belt but if wants to go we go.

Upvote 0

Bo Peep

Dec 22, 2015
    Roseburg
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    20' North River
    Took Gramps out again yesterday we played catch and release all day though 9 high fins back and kept three. Gramps called it a day because a bit of sporty ocean but hell he still caught salmon on the ocean not bad for almost 90.

Reactions: K-Dogg
    Upvote 0