Charkbait's Toro Tamer

jsl

Oct 8, 2005
Ontario
Name
Scott
Boat
none
I just got my Toro Tamer in the mail today and I cant wait to use it as an alternative to the typical irons everyone usually throws at places like Cedros and Alijos. Anyone have any luck with these things? Thx in advance.

Scott

Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Carmel, CA
    Name
    john
    Boat
    not crazy enough yet
    The toro tamer is a clone of a world famous casting lure for tuna the Tackle House Shibuki/Souls Brabus. It uses a formerly patented sliding internal weight system to make for a superb casting lure that also has terrific swimming action.

The lure has been taken apart by nerds that are into such things and it seems decent, but uses a cheaper less tough resin, a cheaper harness, a somewhat more fragile lip and it's sliding weight is susceptible to rust and sticking over time.

Be that as it may it should hold up to tuna near 50-75 lbs and will most definitely catch... but the Souls Brabus is built for Cows and beyond which is reflected in it's more expensive price.

It can be trolled fwiw but is normally casted, then retrieved with long sweeps and pauses with a high speed reel. A famous slayer. :)

Upvote 0

jsl

Oct 8, 2005
    Ontario
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    none
    Thx for the reply and vid John. I cant wait to nail some yt and yft on these things. I think they'll be a refreshing addition to the typical Tady 45's and Salas 7X's for surface applications.

Scott

Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Carmel, CA
    Name
    john
    Boat
    not crazy enough yet
    Thx for the reply and vid John. I cant wait to nail some yt and yft on these things. I think they'll be a refreshing addition to the typical Tady 45's and Salas 7X's for surface applications.

Scott

for sure they will definitely produce. Be sure to pick up some Robert's Rangers (cheap, tough and deadly...but change out the crap hooks) for a skip bait. Just rip it back across the surface and if they are around they'll nail it.

best and have fun

ps. you can also fish the Ranger backwards for fun. Jerk it under then keep jerking and reeling and that will catch too believe it or not :).

Upvote 0