Charkbait talking smack............. also bad mouths amazon

Discussion in 'World Of PENN' started by fxr3, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    wow. you need to make a phone call before ordering online? what is this world COMING to?????

marlyn and terryc. like this.
  2. oba

oba Newbie

Name:
    oba
    Boat:
    none
    Just sharing my experiences with Charkbait. I have had a handful of orders in+store purchases over past several years. I talked to Mark a few times too, once for minor equipment issue which he sorted out and also for fine tuning details on an order or two...I have always had great customer service and Mark was a completely straight shooter in my experiences. No affiliation, just my 2 cents from the customer side.

3. Cubeye

Cubeye I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Kub
    Boat:
    17' Gregor
    You don't really have to, but you run the risk of getting a phone call the next day telling you that what you ordered is not in stock. Then you have to stop whatever you are doing to sort through your order. If you're working as a contractor, you are usually not at a desk. And now you have to decide whether or to wait for the back order or go on line again and find another source.

I usually order at night or in the early morning when stores are usually closed, so I have to wait until they open to call them. PITA.

I did talk to Mark once to sort out a problem that the clerk would not rectify. He was very cooperative and very helpful.

fishboy93 likes this.
  4. swami 805

swami 805 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    sunk it
    When ever possible try and support your local brick and mortar mom and pop local store. Yeah you save a few bucks online but in the long run pinching your pennies is a fools errand and over time will likely end up costing you more in time and hassle when your order goes south. Yeah you save a few bucks buying a reel but good luck if it ain't right. Life is short,time is valuable. No mom and pop store is getting rich off you, most a ekking out a living like the rest of us. Give your money to some stock holder at Amazon if you want but think about where your money goes.
    There's some great shops that share the passion for fishing just like you. Supporting those guys is the right thing to do. Or give your money to some guy who gives 2 shits only if it effects his stock price.
    I've ordered a few reels from charkbait that were on sale but at least those guys are fisherman and give a shit.
    Think where your moneys going at least

sierraazuel, Brad I, terryc. and 2 others like this.
  5. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    I do, its called the Long Fin Tackle, in Orange

6. rdrrm8e

rdrrm8e Fucking Stan

Name:
    chuck
    Boat:
    No

Zackly!!!!!!!!

sierraazuel, One_Leg and wils like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.