WhyMe

Talk shit... Get hit :)
May 12, 2009
San Bernardino California
Name
Jason
Boat
Mako CC
Had a last minute itch to get on the water and I was thinking a quick freezer filler.

Jumped on the Mirage out of CISCOS and very happy I did.

Brought home two WSB at around 18lbs each. Filled the ice chests up with good quality Reds, Johnny Bass, and Chuckles.

Boat had a Toatal count of 16 WSB and Limits of RC. Jackpot was a Butt pushing (I would guess) 25-27lbs.

Lingcod were everywhere but no keepers. They were all from 1/2 to 1/4 inch short. I would estimate I alone landed 10-12 lings.

We fished the south end of Santa Rosa Island. Happy we did as the WSB have been turned off the last couple weeks. I guess it was right day and right time.

Great trip! Too bad some jerkoff that was fishing straight Braid sawed me off twice during the AM WSB bite. If you were fishing mono and your fish wrapped his line, he would make it a mission to start to reel and swing (hook set) his rod until your line was sawed off. He did this to me twice and a couple times to other people. He is lucky his ass didn't end up in the water. This is also the bastard that would not leave the stern corner or let you pass if you were hooked up. Same bastard bounced a red onto my foot after the deckhand told him to be stop doing that. Then this asshole starts yelling at me saying it was my fault for wearing sandals and not boots. :finger: :finger: :finger:

I've only fished oxnard twice and have done so on this boat both times. I really like the Cpt. and his Deckhands. They get the job done and work well together and with their customers. A+ for the Mirage

Ok, that's all I had to say.

Attachments

nntropy

Always Fishin'
Jul 27, 2004
La Mirada
Name
Ted Hampton
Boat
Boomer II
Mirage is a great boat with a great crew. Consistently catches fish. There's always one knucklehead on the cattle boats that has to rain on your parade.

Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
Glad you got some. A elbow to the ribs as you coming down the rail allways works on those dipshits.

WhyMe

Talk shit... Get hit :)
May 12, 2009
San Bernardino California
Name
Jason
Boat
Mako CC
It crossed my mind believe me. They were much much older than I was and at 6-00 275lbs, I would have broke him in half.

Screw it, I came home loaded with fish anyways!!

Bubba

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 6, 2004
Pismo Beach
Name
Bubba
Boat
18' Trophy
There's usually one douche on these trips, should of asked the Capt to straighten his shit out. The Mirage is a solid boat and catches fish.