Changes: New Long Range Destinations and Radio Silence...

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by vegasandre, Nov 30, 2017.

1. vegasandre

vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    I just started a new FB Long Range secret group page.

which I am hoping can be used for Open discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/526842461009737/

fishkilr likes this.
  2. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    Used to go down to Mexico and live off the beach on my vacation. Met a lot of people you call poor, past the border. They are not the border type, friendly and happy. I got invited in to a fisherman’s house to have fish and home made tortillas. Nice family... palapa on the beach. I said to them some day I would like to retire one day and live on the beach down here and fish every day. He was living my dream.

3. Green Ogre

Green Ogre Newbie

Name:
    Shrek
    Boat:
    Willie Predator, Learned Dory

And those numbers give you a scale of the tiny dent sport fishers make in a resource. According to that. 10% of commercial take.

So dead fish pics may look bad. But they don’t add up to one set by a super seiner.

Olddog8, ReelDealAngler- and Bill W like this.
  4. yakdout

yakdout Professional

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    s and hoes
    Take a long range boat = paying American captain.

Take a drive through baja = scenic drive, solitute on 5 star beaches, spending money at small restaurants, paying panga driver who buys clothes for his children, catching yellowtail and dorado from a beach. Give it a shot.

esgeo, marlyn, Retired1 and 5 others like this.
  5. Dcpac

Dcpac Member

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    N/A
    I would love to find the good spots to fish out side of their waters so that we don't even have to talk about this. I would also love to drive through Mexico, camp in my truck camper and fish. While doing this I would certainly contribute to the economy, but these days I am sure I would have my rig jacked, robbed or killed. Yes I know that not all Mexicans are going to do that, but the reality is that the odd are against nothing happening.

6. COSDoug

COSDoug Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    Hobie Kayak
    Ummm...errrrr..., the only thing you can change about people is your opinion.
    Think about it, it will give you peace of mind. Did for me.
    Doug

esgeo and Bill W like this.
  7. fishkilr

fishkilr on the water

Name:
    alby
    Boat:
    Indian/Aahi/Inseine
    Ya..... I'm confused..

dh515 likes this.
  8. DC61

DC61 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Paul L.
    Boat:
    33’ Blackfin
    Wow this thread sure took a turn for worse.

9. vegasandre

vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    Because of threads that turned into crap about a passion that I love... and your posts just confirmed a need for that

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  10. craigen

craigen Got Spooled

Name:
    Craig
    Boat:
    none
    So maybe I'm clueless but why is SAC to be scorned? Does it not adequately represent its members? Then why would operators join it if it is of no benefit to them?

11. kevina

kevina I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    kev
    Boat:
    25' aqua sport
    The L.R. Boats need to go back like it was 50 years ago. When the boat left the dock it was "See you when we get back "Sometimes the boat', When they we're getting close to port on the way home (appx 100 miles) They would be able to contact the landing on the VHF and give their ETA. Now the boat's with all the technology, They give play by play with pictures and Quantites. IMO this is back firing on the fleet with all the, Tree Huggers, Activist, Conservationist, etc the list goes on. The S.D, LR fleet and our self pay a pretty penny with all the permits, Etc to fish in their waters. Why give them more ammo to either charge more or Restrict the area's we've been fishing in for decades by bragging, posting pictures and in some cases, Some people are disrespectful when fishing in their waters. Silence is golden, IMHO when it comes to this.

eric harner, ducksbuddy and Fishybuzz like this.
  12. titan05

titan05 Pelagic Terminator

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    Chelsea Rae
    How about we stay on the topic and save the political BS
    Want to vent politically.....take it down the road

13. yo-mama

yo-mama Member

Name:
    ja
    Boat:
    magic
  14. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    and the upside of LR WIFI?
    No putting greens to worry about creating divots in....
    No stationary bike machines in the way of getting a bait......
    TunaCommander is in his stateroom @ 3AM instead of doing leg lifts in the hallway.....

no up-to-the-second LR reports? what IS this world coming to??????

15. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt did you say F I S H I N G ???

Name:
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat:
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    I agree......but perception IS reality, to those with an ax to grind.....and with far more social and other media coverage on sportfishing, than on commercial fishing, the perception becomes that WE are the bad guys.........ugh.

16. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    How about the LR boats fish within the Mexican rules? Even at Guadalupe.
    They made their own bed...

Carl, Bud B and marlyn like this.
  17. Green Ogre

Green Ogre Newbie

Name:
    Shrek
    Boat:
    Willie Predator, Learned Dory
    That’s why sporties need to tell their conservation story.

Get together and do some public relations.

I’m from Oregon. I got involved with CCA ten years ago. It takes time and dedication. But it works.

If you aren’t willing to do work to protect what you have. Don’t expect to keep it

ripped, TanstaaflSD and jer dog like this.
  18. $norkle

$norkle Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Bruce
    Boat:
    In my dreams!
    Far too simplistic. Take an American LR boat and you are paying not only captain and crew (7-8 people), but the owner, office person, fuel dock and their employees, gas station owners and their employees if you have a substantial drive to SD, motel owner and their employees if you stay at the landing the night before, food service employees and restaurant owners at the landing area if you arrive the day/night before, tackle shop owners and employees if you get any gear before your trip or at the landing, tackle manufacturers (especially important if you buy American-made gear)..............and on, and on, and on....................economics is all about multipliers. Every dollar you spend passes through many hands in an economy.

joshua cunningham, wils and Olddog8 like this.
  19. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    The big player is commercial fishing. The blind swing of the ax hits us too, even when we do care about conserving the resource.

20. ZZZZZ

ZZZZZ natural born jig slingers

Name:
    Boat:
    Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
    I am on the LR side but looking from different angles and shoes here I go. Again I'm on the LR side

How many fish the LR boats take has nothing to do with it. Powers to be already know LR boats don't take much fish in the big picture. That is a public known fact. Its politics which is ugly ;) They already know purse seiners take more fish its kind of obvious

And i dont think pleasing 600 anglers per year that depart out of a foreign country and return to a foregin country is top priority for Mexico, especially after they read this type of hate. I dont think it motivates them to acomodate LR although it might motivate them to close all of it. If I was Mexican I would want to close it all after reading some of the hate but luckily they dont knee jerk react like some of us here, which I have been part of in other topics. The LR permit money is a drop in the bucket. Lupe permits are a gift!!! Mexico does not need a few extra thousand dollars from fisherman departing from SD coming to their country to kill animals. Drop in the bucket. They know much better ways to collect a few thousand dollars

Fishing is one of the only sports you will see so much hate in every direction. I think its because its a sport that involves killing so the sport naturally attracts some cruel people or they like to hurt other peoples feelings. The type who enjoy senseless kills. And everyone has a different comfort level in regards to killing. We also have allot of conversationalist so fisherman are a huge melting pot of personalitys. If there was a big group of mountain climbers, dirt bike riders, skiers, snowboarders, surfers, skaters, extreme sports athletes all going on a trip together. I can guarantee there would be no drama as to where their gear gets storred or what number they boarded the RV or if their extra pair of boots is storred exactly where they want. And those type of athletes are rarely big burly tough guys but they sure are gnarly once performing. Kinda strange to watch big men drama or being part of it. Fishing involves the element of luck. A first time fisherman can catch a 500lb yft. A first time skier can not bomb a double black diamond sloap while doing massive air maneuvers off the mogles then tell the ski world what to buy. Hence why less talented and less experienced fisherman can light up the talent and pros.

I must admit the younger generations below me of fisherman are cooler and more laid back and less anal on the average :D its going to be awesome once they move up

The fishing world is under water. Out of sight out of mind. If tuna and fish and sea life lived on land they would be hunted and treated and protected very diferantly. But since fish live under water where we can't see its out of site out of mind. So creating underwater parks makes sense if you look at it from a different perspective. Its under water but the life exists in massive amounts more so then land

Jason you are lucky I didnt post last night or it would had been weirder then your shrine LOL

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    esgeo, eric harner, Brad I and 2 others like this.