Change Tanacoms to Feet

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Name
Chad Lukehart
Boat
Alumacraft Navigator Sport 185, ETEC 150, Duckworth Offshore 26
Finally got all my reels changed to feet instead of trying to figure out based on meters. Now have to wait until I am done with jury duty the next 2 weeks before I can even think of getting out. Hope everyone is safe out there this week if weather permits and you get em good!

Upvote 0

punted coho

Jan 29, 2013
buckley wa
Name
josh
Boat
Yes
I’m a little curious how this works? I’ve never really cared with mine because you know, the whole halibut and ling cod on the bottom thing. But it would be cool to read the reels in American. Got any kind of source for the rest of us tards to learn how to get out of meters?

Reactions: liltrouble
Upvote 0

salty nuts

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 2, 2004
    Camarillo
    Name
    Tim Mohawk
    Boat
    25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
    Finally got all my reels changed to feet instead of trying to figure out based on meters. Now have to wait until I am done with jury duty the next 2 weeks before I can even think of getting out. Hope everyone is safe out there this week if weather permits and you get em good!
    How? I have a 750 and would love to know

Reactions: Elkfins
    Upvote 0

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
    Aug 8, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    "Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
    Reactions: PNW Drifter
    Upvote 0

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
    Name
    Chad Lukehart
    Boat
    Plug in reel, hold mode button down for 10 seconds (at about 5 seconds you will get first beep, keep holding down) at about 10 seconds reel will beep and say feet off, roll the reel dial towards full power and off will go away. Hit mode again and the reel is set for feet.

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
    Name
    Chad Lukehart
    Boat
    I’m a little curious how this works? I’ve never really cared with mine because you know, the whole halibut and ling cod on the bottom thing. But it would be cool to read the reels in American. Got any kind of source for the rest of us tards to learn how to get out of meters?
    Answered above.

Reactions: punted coho
    Upvote 0

salty nuts

• Jun 2, 2004
    Camarillo
    Name
    Tim Mohawk
    Boat
    25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
    THANKS!

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Miles, you’re gonna give people on hear headaches. That’s way too much math.

Reactions: Swede and Fish_kid
    Upvote 0

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
    Aug 8, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    "Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
    Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    Switched mine this evening; booo metric, yeah SAE!

Reactions: BugeaterInWa
    Upvote 0

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
  • May 22, 2013
    some where on the water
    Name
    Pat
    Boat
    High on the Goat
    How meters in a foot?

Upvote 0

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
    Lake Tapps, Washington
    Name
    Cohoho
    Boat
    COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
    Great information and changed mine today. I have had a 750 for a long time and now have 4, everyone one of them reads depth differently. None of them are the same, as amount of line contributes to different readings. Some read close with 50 meters and others are spaced out differently. The one thing the depth meter provides is knowledge of how much longer do I have to finish my beer before the fish comes to the top! Going down is easy, line is slack - your on bottom - start jigging!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
    Name
    Chad Lukehart
    Boat
    Great information and changed mine today. I have had a 750 for a long time and now have 4, everyone one of them reads depth differently. None of them are the same, as amount of line contributes to different readings. Some read close with 50 meters and others are spaced out differently. The one thing the depth meter provides is knowledge of how much longer do I have to finish my beer before the fish comes to the top! Going down is easy, line is slack - your on bottom - start jigging!
    Cohoho, thats another awesome thing about these, go to setting required measure out 50 feet, hit button and measure 50 more feet. Reel is now calibrated specifically for the line diameter you are using and will get exact feet of line out on reel......no more guess work.

Upvote 0

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
    Lake Tapps, Washington
    Name
    Cohoho
    Boat
    Cohoho, thats another awesome thing about these, go to setting required measure out 50 feet, hit button and measure 50 more feet. Reel is now calibrated specifically for the line diameter you are using and will get exact feet of line out on reel......no more guess work.
    That would be great. I'll search on line tonight as I long ago threw away boxes and manuals.. lol Unless you have a link available?

Upvote 0

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
    Lake Tapps, Washington
    Name
    Cohoho
    Boat
    Awesome thanks for the information, I guess tomorrow’s project now!

Reactions: TexMojoII
    TexMojoII
    TexMojoII
    Just give me the easy way Mike, after you figure it out. Lol
    Reactions: Cohoho
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0