KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Will they live up to the expectations or end up another mediocre PAC squad? Time will tell and I like their chances.

Pescador Paul

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
I do think there is a good chance that Utah could break through and make some noise on a national level this year. But the Huskies are still my choice to win the Pac 12 title. But I do admit to a Husky fans' bias.

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Dude, they were playing with backup QB, RB and top LB and WR out. Each one of them All Conference players.
I was looking for highlights of that game, which most likely would include players who were participating in that game. Why should I care who the hell didn’t play?

If in fact “each one of them were all conference players”, does that mean they only play in conference games in the PAC and want no part of the B1G boys?:confused::D

If the Utes want to win the conference, contend for a playoff spot, achieve national respect, etc, those “all conference guys” need to step up and play all the games.

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I was looking for highlights of that game, which most likely would include players who were participating in that game. Why should I care who the hell didn’t play?

If in fact “each one of them were all conference players”, does that mean they only play in conference games in the PAC and want no part of the B1G boys?:confused::D

If the Utes want to win the conference, contend for a playoff spot, achieve national respect, etc, those “all conference guys” need to step up and play all the games.
Chase Hansen played 6 games,
Including the PAC 12 Championship, with a ruptured disc in his back. He missed the bowl game and the NFL Combine because of surgery on his back. Still signed as a UDFA with the Saints.

Huntley was out with broken collar bone.

Moss was out after surgery for torn meniscus.

Covey out for torn ACL and MCL, plus broken wrist which he played with for about half the season.

Hansen was runner up for DPOY

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Chase Hansen played 6 games,
Including the PAC 12 Championship, with a ruptured disc in his back. He missed the bowl game and the NFL Combine because of surgery on his back. Still signed as a UDFA with the Saints.

Huntley was out with broken collar bone.

Moss was out after surgery for torn meniscus.

Covey out for torn ACL and MCL, plus broken wrist which he played with for about half the season.

Hansen was runner up for DPOY

Two weeks in and the Utes could be the PAC’s only remaining playoff contender. Damn I hope they stay healthy. :D

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Two weeks in and the Utes could be the PAC’s only remaining playoff contender. Damn I hope they stay healthy. :D
Hope tOSU’s running QB Justin Fields can stay healthy.

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Hope tOSU’s running QB Justin Fields can stay healthy.
If he does, and your team stays healthy, we could be headed for that Ute v Buckeye showdown we been wanting. Or at least I think you want it:confused:

It’s early, but both teams have looked pretty solid so far:cheers:

Reactions: BiggestT

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
If he does, and your team stays healthy, we could be headed for that Ute v Buckeye showdown we been wanting. Or at least I think you want it:confused:

It’s early, but both teams have looked pretty solid so far:cheers:
Injuries piling up has always taken their toll on Utah in October and November. Hope we can avoid those.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Utah looks the part so far.

New kid at QB at USC had a good first game, as a rookie!

Yes, straight hijacking this thread!!!:)
We’ll know more about Kedon Slovis after this weekend against the BYU Zoobs. Then the real test against Utah the following Friday.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Concur, that young man looked very good. See what happens after the other PAC teams get some game film on him, but I like his chances.
Did not get to watch as the ESPN channel at the motel in Ely, NV turned away from the Stanford at USC game to an Asian Videogamer show after the first two possessions. By all accounts, Slovis looked good. However, subsequent game tape analysis showed much of Slovis’ success due to a very sloppy game played by Stanford defense. Everyone so far is trying to prevent SC wideouts from torching them long, leaving short passes open over the middle. Also, Stanford was unable to get pressure on Slovis.

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Did not get to watch as the ESPN channel at the motel in Ely, NV turned away from the Stanford at USC game to an Asian Videogamer show after the first two possessions. By all accounts, Slovis looked good. However, subsequent game tape analysis showed much of Slovis’ success due to a very sloppy game played by Stanford defense. Everyone so far is trying to prevent SC wideouts from torching them long, leaving short passes open over the middle. Also, Stanford was unable to get pressure on Slovis.
So what you are saying is, given that “subsequent game tape analysis” statement, the Utes defense, and all future opponents of SC should have a very good idea of what SC’s and Slovis’s tendencies will be. Sounds very similar to what was said in post #14!

By all accounts, your prognostications skills seem to be improving as you are following my lead. Good to see all my hard work is paying off and you are finally coming around:D

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
So what you are saying is, given that “subsequent game tape analysis” statement, the Utes defense, and all future opponents of SC should have a very good idea of what SC’s and Slovis’s tendencies will be. Sounds very similar to what was said in post #14!

By all accounts, your prognostications skills seem to be improving as you are following my lead. Good to see all my hard work is paying off and you are finally coming around:D
Similar but different. Let me help you out. Slovis performance appeared to be more due to Stanford’s poor Defense than what Slovis did. Study of Stanford’s game film will tell you what not to do. Not following your lead at all.

I think Slovis’ world changes the moment he faces a defense that puts pressure on him.

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
How can beating up Mrs Potato Head be any kind of CFB preview? If you are looking to contend for a Natty, why would you schedule a Big Sky opponent? Nothing like taking the weekend off when you need to do some work:confused:

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
How can beating up Mrs Potato Head be any kind of CFB preview? If you are looking to contend for a Natty, why would you schedule a Big Sky opponent? Nothing like taking the weekend off when you need to do some work:confused:
Wait, wasn’t tOSU running up the score (RUTS) at Florida Atlantic to start the season?

Utah sat at least 4 starters and had most all starters out by halftime. They were trying to preserve health for when it will be needed, while getting backups needed playing time. It was reported that Utah has totaled just 160 plays on offense, lowest in the PAC-12 and amongst the lowest in the nation. That’s proof of their strategy to preserve the team.

Rest assured, you will see Moss get a heavy load on Friday night. Expect all starters to be back in action. Expect a very physical game from Utah.

Last edited:

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Wait, wasn’t tOSU RUTS aim Florida Atlantic to start the season?

Utah sat at least 4 starters and had most all starters out by halftime. They were trying to preserve health for when it will be needed, while getting backups needed playing time. It was reported that Utah has totaled just 160 plays on offense, lowest in the PAC-12 and amongst the lowest in the nation. That’s proof of their strategy to preserve the team.

Rest assured, you will see Moss get a heavy load on Friday night. Expect all starters to be back in action. Expect a very physical game from Utah.
Honestly, I don’t get the “Wait, wasn’t tOSU RUTS aim Florida Atlantic to start the season?” Statement. Can I get the English version T?

Can’t wait till Friday’s game as it is, in my opinion, what will determine if the PAC has a playoff contender. Utes win, they still contend. If they don’t, they won’t. Utes can only afford one loss to be considered a contender, and that loss cannot be against an unranked team who just got beat by BYU.

Best of luck Friday and I will save ya a spot on the Buckeye bandwagon T:D

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Honestly, I don’t get the “Wait, wasn’t tOSU RUTS aim Florida Atlantic to start the season?” Statement. Can I get the English version T?

Can’t wait till Friday’s game as it is, in my opinion, what will determine if the PAC has a playoff contender. Utes win, they still contend. If they don’t, they won’t. Utes can only afford one loss to be considered a contender, and that loss cannot be against an unranked team who just got beat by BYU.

Best of luck Friday and I will save ya a spot on the Buckeye bandwagon T:D
There, fixed it. Fat thumbs on an iPhone with failing reading vision.

Honestly, there are only two position groups that USC is better than Utah: WRs and PK. Utah’s secondary is good enough to nullify SC’s receivers. CB Jaylon Johnson is projected as a 1st round NFL draft pick. Nickelback Javelin Guidry was key in last year’s win over SC. Guidry had his best performance of the season versus Amon-Ra St. Brown. He graded out with an 82.6 Coverage Grade performance, as he allowed 4 receptions on 7 targets, and a QB Rating of 62.2. Guidry ran a 10.13 in the 100 meters to win the CA State Championship in the fastest time in history. This year he ran the 8th fastest indoor 60 meters in the World. He can cover St. Brown. Julian Blackmon was All Conference at DB and moved to his more natural position at Safety where he is near the top in the nation for INTs in just 2 games played. Utah can play man coverage with the vaunted SC receivers, whereas BYU dropped 8 and taunted SC to run or throw deep. This will bring Utah’s 4 DL, rated tops in the country, to bear on SC’s OL that could not handle a 3-man front from BYU. BYU’s NT was rag dolling SC’s center all game. Utah’s NT Leki Fotu was ESPN’s preseason All American. He is 6’5” and 335 with no body fat. He will destroy USC’s center. Utah will pressure Slovis hard and there will be INTs. Win the turnover battle and you win the game.

On the offensive side, Utah has Zack Moss. SC rushed for 171 yards on 45 carries against BYU dropping 8. Utah rushed for 262 yards on 48 carries against BYU dropping 8. More importantly, the USC defense gave up 206 yards rushing to Fresno St. Utah can and will run on USC. SC is slow on the edges and will get torched there all night. Zack Moss will truck a few soft Trojans on his way to a very good game.

Do not place much weight on the transitive value of the score over a common foe. After a 9:00 death march by Zack Moss, Utah took 3 downs in victory formation on the BYU 3 yard line to end the game. Whitt had his foot on their throats and they knew it.

I was predicting a BYU win, simply because they are tough and USC is soft. USC will learn the game is won in the trenches and the finesse part of the game is worthless without strong line play.

Last edited:

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
There, fixed it. Fat thumbs on an iPhone with failing reading vision.
Ok, thanks now I get it. It is pretty rare that you see tOSU run up the score on people, but I do believe they did that a tad against Indiana Saturday.

Welcome to the Ryan Day era of Buckeye football and I hope he keeps it up. Nothing wrong with blowouts, when you are on the right side of them:rockin: