Ceramic ring sizing

Dexter Outdoors

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Just a heads up. A kind contributor to my post about 200lb spectra for kite rig mentioned ceramic rings used to minimize wear in kite setups. So, I bought some. I wanted, I thought, the smaller 5/16" size. What arrived was marked 5/16", but measured about 1/2" ID. I wrote to the seller. Honest response:

Good morning-

I just measured rings in 3 other packages with calipers and I see what you are referring to as they are ID between .42 and .51". Would gladly send out a replacement but these are all the same. Let me know if you would like a return label and I can send but unfortunately it appears this is how these are from the manufacturer.

I am going to hang on to what I have. Would appreciate input on ring size and source that others have used. Thanks.

Loc

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 27, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    It shouldn't matter much as long as they don't interfere with anything else. For the yummy fishing we were doing locally here with those they would always stop at either the swivel or egg sinker.

Reactions: locvetter
    Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 27, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    Pardon my ignorance, but where does the ceramic ring go?
    It slides freely on the main line. You clip the ring into the release clip rather than the line itself.

esquemadokite.jpg

Upvote 0