Central Idaho BD sighting

rodngun762

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
They are around!

Saw one in Ketchum back in May, and then today noticed a new sticker placed on the stop sign at the turnoff to Redfish Lake near Stanley. Now which of you is the culprit!?

Fished Alturas lake for a spell this evening, fish rising didn't catch much. Going to return tomorrow morning and try and sight fish some bull trout. I wouldn't mind taking home a kokanee either.

High Proof

Jun 13, 2009
Idaho
Name
Steve
Boat
16 Foot Tracker
I live in Hailey and up to Ketchum a couple times a week. I've seen one other BDer in Hailey, one in Pocatello and one in Boise. Hell ya.

Oingo

Seasoned veteran
Sep 13, 2005
Name
rw
Boat
image.jpgimage.jpg
They are around!

Saw one in Ketchum back in May, and then today noticed a new sticker placed on the stop sign at the turnoff to Redfish Lake near Stanley. Now which of you is the culprit!?

You mean this one?? A friend in Hailey has a Dorado BD on his Ford. I'm in Boise, had a Yellowtail BD on my Chevy but sold the rig. I'm not admitting to anything but this sticker was placed on Wed. the 7th around noonish. We camped at Redfish from the 4th thru the 11th

And if you're still looking for Kokanee, I know a spot..

Last edited:

Oingo

Seasoned veteran
Sep 13, 2005
Name
rw
Boat
Bump..

rodngun762

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
You mean this one?? A friend in Hailey has a Dorado BD on his Ford. I'm in Boise, had a Yellowtail BD on my Chevy but sold the rig. I'm not admitting to anything but this sticker was placed on Wed. the 7th around noonish. We camped at Redfish from the 4th thru the 11th

And if you're still looking for Kokanee, I know a spot..

Aahhh HA! Mystery solved. Very nice. Yeah that stop sign has been accumulating quite a few stickers in the past year or two.

Great pic of the kokanee.. maybe alturas lake inlet?

I was up in Stanley March-May, I actually worked for Idaho Fish and Game at the Sawtooth Hatchery. Went into Ketchum one weekend and saw this BD sticker in town, I was surprised then, but after seeing the one on the redfish lake stop sign I guess I can expect more BD graffiti in the area!

IMG_0880.JPG

Oingo

Seasoned veteran
Sep 13, 2005
Name
rw
Boat
Aahhh HA! Mystery solved. Very nice. Yeah that stop sign has been accumulating quite a few stickers in the past year or two.

Great pic of the kokanee.. maybe alturas lake inlet?

I was up in Stanley March-May, I actually worked for Idaho Fish and Game at the Sawtooth Hatchery. Went into Ketchum one weekend and saw this BD sticker in town, I was surprised then, but after seeing the one on the redfish lake stop sign I guess I can expect more BD graffiti in the area!]

Yep, small world indeed! Pretty cool working at the Sawtooth Hatchery I,m sure. Took the young kiddos to the pond there and cleaned up. Was too lazy to go anywhere else, being on vacation and all :). Ordered a couple shirts from BD months ago and Ali threw in a ton of stickers so I figured, what the heck, and started plastering this city.
The kokanee pic was from the Fish Hook Creek, a mile or 2 from the lodge..

Latest posts