openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    Care to show the pictures and area. The locals I know haven't seen or heard anything in thier local.

Upvote 0

FUCARYEW791

Jul 10, 2021
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Dustin Boeddeker
    Boat
    FUCARYEW
    Care to show the pictures and area. The locals I know haven't seen or heard anything in thier local.
    From what I’m gathering it’s only a few miles off of point Sierra Nevada. Got a text this evening from a friend and called horse shit bc of water temps and only in 200ft of water but I seen the pic on FB.

55A24C08-0E2E-4B20-A69F-A490EADF6E4D.jpeg

Upvote 0

ZMF

Dec 5, 2018
    Central valley
    Name
    Zenon
    Boat
    Wellcraft
    Caption says Big Sur. Point Sierra Nevada is 50+ miles S of there. Maybe last year’s picture? Seems like FB photos stick around for awhile.

FUCARYEW791
    FUCARYEW791
    It’s actually a friend of a friend is how I got the info and looked it up on FB it was caught last weekend and a local morro bay charter company hooked 2 and lost at boat
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    They're headed North. Our Newport Beach 3/4 day boats caught some 70 pounders in the Cat Channel. Many broken off. I have not seen any FIRM reports here of blufin caught up north yet. FYI News at 11. LOL

Upvote 0

jrmy

Jul 4, 2012
    Sonora, CA
    Name
    Jeremy
    Boat
    NA
    I’m probably going to take a look tomorrow. I saw the post on the Moss fb page. His attire doesn’t instill confidence that it was off Big Sur. Does anyone know what the water temps were the last couple years when they were around?

Reactions: Mateo el Flaco
    FUCARYEW791
    FUCARYEW791
    It’s been pretty hot up here tho so at the same time it wouldn’t surprise me. But it’s still around the same temps like right now says 64 and why I was calling bullshit.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

XPL051v3

Almost A Member
  • Nov 26, 2017
    Deep Blue
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    XPL051v3
    Boat
    Backseat Boater
    I’m probably going to take a look tomorrow. I saw the post on the Moss fb page. His attire doesn’t instill confidence that it was off Big Sur. Does anyone know what the water temps were the last couple years when they were around?

I can’t remember exactly, but warmer than this year for sure! This year has been much cooler and more “normal” temps from the few guys that have fished the area for many years that I know.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    I know they were seen behind the channel islands a couple of weeks ago. So it is very possible they could be off the central coast. If the weather will let you offshore to look.

Reactions: marlyn
    Upvote 0
    Aug 14, 2019
    Name
    Justin Goodman
    Boat
    Jaylene
    So the scoop I was told by multiple sources is that Saturday a couple boats ran into mixed grade bluefin. They were seeing 50-100lbers with the porpoise but hooked into the bigger variety. One boat fought one for 4+ hrs and eventually broke off. Sunday was out there looking lots of life had one strike on the troll but came off quickly. The lone fish I've heard landed was up north and hooked and landed in the afternoon so the that pic is definitely phoney. The fish landed was 20-25lbs and supposedly caught on a foamer.

Reactions: Jkikkawa31
    Upvote 0

cranker

Feb 28, 2010
    Taft CA 93268
    Name
    Dennis
    Boat
    none
    Yes witnessed Bluefin off Avila Bay in 200 ft of water. Threw a coltsniper style lure into them, hooked 1 for 10 sec then came off. 1 boat next to us hooked 1 for 10 plus min. then came off. Pretty amazing to see these fish chasing bait into the air. Like they said they were 60 to 100 lbs. This was last Friday. My buddy took a video but was pretty schetchy. I knew I was out gunned so I did not try too long.

Reactions: Jkikkawa31
    FUCARYEW791
    FUCARYEW791
    Dang that’s wild sucks the wind is up this week I wanted to check it out
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    Jul 7, 2014
    Name
    Michael Gorgita
    Boat
    22 Bayrunner
    Anyone going for a crack at the bluefin on the central coast? Seen a photo and a couple reports of hooked up.
    There was a 30+ pounder swimming in Santa Barbara harbor on Monday, I watched it for 10 minutes as it tried to find a way out of the corner of the harbor, so anything is possible

Upvote 0

slofish123

May 30, 2015
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Ranger 518 & Parker 2530
    On Saturday we spent 14 hours looking. Launched out of PSL and headed up and out past Morro bay. Found several areas 4 or 5 miles off shore between Diablo and Mb with whales and birds feeding on anchovies but the most life we saw was 15 to 20 miles offshore between Diablo and MB with lots fo dolphin, whales and birds but they were scattered over a 5 mile area. Trolled a big spread and would box the area around anything that looked fishy. Warmest water was 59. No bites and didn't see any fish but can't wait to go again.

Reactions: marlyn
    Upvote 0