Cedros/Tortuga - info requested

Gmoyer

Aug 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Gary Moyer
Boat
38' Bertram - Los Lobos
Haven't taken the boat to Cedros/Tortuga for five years but heading down in the beginning of November for two weeks.

Any recommendations are appreciated, but I specifically solicit from fellow fisherman with recent experience information about:

1) What is the marine fuel situation? I understand that since my trip five years ago Ruben (Anabell fuel service) died. Is the only fuel service tying up Med. style at the pier/dock?

2) Anyone have good/bad experiences on renting a sat phone/ancillary equipment so I can get e-mail from work and keep things modestly moving along while I'm gone?

Thanks...

allelect

Fishmaster
Mar 17, 2004
oceanside
Name
Todd
Boat
Uniflite Predator
We are leaving the 27 th send me a pm and I'll give you some info

To The Limit

To The Limit
Jun 11, 2004
La Jolla, CA
Name
Dan Muslin
Boat
48' Pacifica
We are leaving the 27 th send me a pm and I'll give you some info
With regard to fuel at Turtle Bay I was just there. Pier is the only option. It is a Med tie but you use their bow anchor that they give you a line for and they also give you a stern line that is attached to the pier. Very easy. Then they bring the hose/nozzle to you. $5/gal. They will take a credit card but it will cost you extra.

bays90

Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
wow I couldn't get them to take a credit card at TB that's good news.

When I went down I took a rented phone from Sat phone store in SD had a good experience with them although if I remember correctly we got in and out cell phone reception all the way to almost turtle bay I think then we lost it, nothing to Cabo after that. I went out and bought the same sat phone I rented they have good plans 75$ gets me 50 minutes and roll all of my unused minutes over and also gets me a US phone number people can call so it doesn't cost 15$/min

Reactions: fullclip

castone001

Jun 3, 2013
Murrieta
Name
Chris Stone
Boat
Dos Viejos
Contact Mike at satmoto. He will take care of you. Tell him I sent ya.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

thefishkiller

Oct 2, 2005
San Jose Del Cabo
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Amelia Marie/MistressII
wow I couldn't get them to take a credit card at TB that's good news.

When I went down I took a rented phone from Sat phone store in SD had a good experience with them although if I remember correctly we got in and out cell phone reception all the way to almost turtle bay I think then we lost it, nothing to Cabo after that. I went out and bought the same sat phone I rented they have good plans 75$ gets me 50 minutes and roll all of my unused minutes over and also gets me a US phone number people can call so it doesn't cost 15$/min
Wow, this is a huge improvement over the "no lube" plan I had a few years ago. Do you mind sharing where you got it?

bays90

Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
Wow, this is a huge improvement over the "no lube" plan I had a few years ago. Do you mind sharing where you got it?
I also go that plan from the Satellite Phone store in SD. there are other companies that have prepaid plans as well which aren't bad. I have rolled over several hundred minutes now but I'll take it. I bought the 1000$ phone from them but sar the only problem I had was last trip Iridium had a complete network outage for almost a whole day thank god it wasn't an emergency