Cedros/Tortuga - info requested

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Gmoyer, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Gmoyer

Gmoyer Member

Name:
    Gary Moyer
    Boat:
    38' Bertram - Los Lobos
    Haven't taken the boat to Cedros/Tortuga for five years but heading down in the beginning of November for two weeks.

Any recommendations are appreciated, but I specifically solicit from fellow fisherman with recent experience information about:

1) What is the marine fuel situation? I understand that since my trip five years ago Ruben (Anabell fuel service) died. Is the only fuel service tying up Med. style at the pier/dock?

2) Anyone have good/bad experiences on renting a sat phone/ancillary equipment so I can get e-mail from work and keep things modestly moving along while I'm gone?

Thanks...

2. allelect

allelect Fishmaster

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    Uniflite Predator
    We are leaving the 27 th send me a pm and I'll give you some info

3. To The Limit

To The Limit To The Limit

Name:
    Dan Muslin
    Boat:
    48' Pacifica
    With regard to fuel at Turtle Bay I was just there. Pier is the only option. It is a Med tie but you use their bow anchor that they give you a line for and they also give you a stern line that is attached to the pier. Very easy. Then they bring the hose/nozzle to you. $5/gal. They will take a credit card but it will cost you extra.

4. bays90

bays90 Member

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
    wow I couldn't get them to take a credit card at TB that's good news.

When I went down I took a rented phone from Sat phone store in SD had a good experience with them although if I remember correctly we got in and out cell phone reception all the way to almost turtle bay I think then we lost it, nothing to Cabo after that. I went out and bought the same sat phone I rented they have good plans 75$ gets me 50 minutes and roll all of my unused minutes over and also gets me a US phone number people can call so it doesn't cost 15$/min

fullclip likes this.
  5. castone001

castone001 Member

Name:
    Chris Stone
    Boat:
    none
    Contact Mike at satmoto. He will take care of you. Tell him I sent ya.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. thefishkiller

thefishkiller Newbie

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    Amelia Marie/MistressII
    Wow, this is a huge improvement over the "no lube" plan I had a few years ago. Do you mind sharing where you got it?

7. bays90

bays90 Member

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
    I also go that plan from the Satellite Phone store in SD. there are other companies that have prepaid plans as well which aren't bad. I have rolled over several hundred minutes now but I'll take it. I bought the 1000$ phone from them but sar the only problem I had was last trip Iridium had a complete network outage for almost a whole day thank god it wasn't an emergency