Cedros 10-8/10-11

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by joker63, Oct 15, 2018.

1. joker63

joker63 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Danny
    Boat:
    I wish
    Planned this trip since January word was it may get cancelled coz of Sergio got the green light and it was a GO! We had beautiful weather good enough that we made the trek to Benito's first full day of fishing got in on some solid action on calicos and a few yellows on the yoyo iron got corn holed on 30lb by a bigger model immediately changed that set up to 40lb when we got back to the lodge
    Fishing wasn't wide open as we hoped but with some work on the scratch fishing we put some quality fish on the boat
    What worked for me the best was the yoyo jig fishing salas 6Xjr & tady #9 got a couple on slow trolled mackerel even got in a bass bite on the yoyo jig fishing
    Biggest yellow for me went 31lbs weighed when we got back in biggest on trip went 44 & a 42 caught on a Trinidad 12A calstar GG90J w/ 40 LOL
    Was told Wednesday evening that trip was getting cut short coz of Sergio that we would have to be off the island by 3pm Thursday so we got only 1/2 day fishing on Thursday
    Food was ok beers were ice cold 1st time I did the fly in trip I will go again next year pack ur rods well as when I got home I had a broken rod on the way back probably from them shoving in the rods in the plane when we left
    A few pics I took

IMG_5488.JPG IMG_5489.JPG IMG_5490.JPG IMG_5495.JPG IMG_5501.JPG IMG_5502.JPG IMG_5506.JPG IMG_5509.JPG IMG_5510.JPG IMG_5512.JPG IMG_5516.JPG IMG_5524.JPG IMG_5527.JPG IMG_5529.JPG IMG_6159.jpg IMG_6120.jpg IMG_5548.JPG IMG_5549.JPG IMG_5550.JPG IMG_5553.JPG IMG_5554.JPG IMG_5555.JPG IMG_5556.JPG IMG_5557.JPG IMG_5559.PNG IMG_5569.PNG IMG_6138.jpg

2. Yella1

Yella1 So Fishy

Name:
    Jarrod
    Boat:
    Pay to Play
    Awesome pics, glad the weather didn't totally wreck your trip. Looks like you caught a nice bird in that last photo.:finger:

3. denis

denis Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    denis
    Boat:
    deadhead luees
    Great report thanks

4. OneDay

OneDay Member

Name:
    Ed Hayden
    Boat:
    Pro-line 22 Walk
    Thanks for the report. Glad you still got to fish.

5. onehottip

onehottip Member

Name:
    Guerms
    Boat:
    18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
    Looks fun.

6. streetnfish

streetnfish Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ray
    Boat:
    Float tube
    Love that place. Great report and pics Danny !

7. fish&snow

fish&snow lurker

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    Reel Freedom
    Nice report!

I am heading down this Saturday. How did you pack your rods? Tip broken? I have mine in rod socks bundled together.

Thanks

8. joker63

joker63 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Danny
    Boat:
    I wish
    Same rod socks bundle together
    Next time Ima going to something different to protect the tips of rods