Scuba Chris

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • May 17, 2016
    Kapolei, HI
    Name
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat
    Christina Ann
    I had a bad day getting wet to mystery pulls & getting blistered by the sun. Perry came after the rain ended & used his UL to pull up this nice Bluefin Trevally for his dinner. It was one of those days but was very happy for him as the fish were teasing him all morning long as well. This is just a fun made video. Awesome job Perry:)

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

grander007

May 10, 2007
    Honolulu
    Name
    zzzz
    Boat
    46, Bertram, Deep Blue
    nice pic - by the way, a buddy of mine got cig from sharing w papio w/ another so more than enough to go around, they both got it

tight lines,

Upvote 0

grander007

May 10, 2007
    Honolulu
    Name
    zzzz
    Boat
    46, Bertram, Deep Blue
    Chris,
    Have you ever got Cig? I ate quite a few papio and manini but never got it.
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but when people eat fish with cig, it depends on level in fish, and parts of the fish eaten. Parts of fish closer to organs higher concentrations. It build up in the system, it is a neuro-toxin, and there is no way for the body to reduce the level. The level that sets of symptoms is different for everyone. The folks I know that got it described it as walking on a hot sand beach and felling ice cold, same thing in reverse w/ coffee. Eating sea food infected or not can set it off. Cooking does not change cig. Some with high exposure before symptoms set in describe high level of external itching (neurological sensation).

I don't mean to ruin the fun of eating reef fish, but, have met many folks that did not about this permanent neuro-toxin, thought just food poisoning, and then later learned the hard way. Obviously each can make own decisions and hopefully understand the risks. Certain areas / islands are riskier, however, many reef fish are a risk.

either way, again, great catch / great pic

tight lines,

Upvote 0
    Jun 10, 2004
    Jamul
    Name
    used to fish
    Boat
    17 Aquasport
    Mahalo
    I really appreciate the info and am only try to learn. Opinion versus education gets cloudy

Upvote 0