Caught my 1st Ghost!

SoCalCJ

Nov 5, 2009
Newport Beach, CA
Name
Chris
Boat
Hobie Outback
Left Dana around noon Friday 06/22 got to the island around 1:30 after a pretty nice crossing. Got bait from the LB Carnage. Really nice angry red squid! Made a run to the east side and quickly determined conditions we not right and wind/swell combo was miserable for fishing. Switched gears and headed to the west side for some refuge! Conditions were much calmer. Water 64.5 and clean. Ran by 3 guys in a zodiac that were tied into some sort of monster. Watched the show for a little bit but the fish ended up breaking off.

Set up on a not so secret spot (see photo) flylining live squid for a couple hours and every bait hooked some sort of fish (calicos, sheepshead, barracuda, big perch, etc...) Lot of squid beds on the meter. Decided to switch it up and casted out a glow/white Tady TLC with a squid pinned on. After about 5 seconds the jig hit the water, the right kind finally picked it up. So after 2 years on the hunt, I finally caught my first WSB! Now that i popped my cherry, time to go out and find a bigger one......

Attachments

Captain Curt

Cooter
Jun 22, 2003
Mission Viejo
www.noahstackle.net
Name
Curtis
Boat
24ft Skipjack FB "Hanna"
Congrats...........now you hooked for sure. Beautiful eating fish. Makes my mouth water just looking at your picture. Yes my friend.....my story is about the same. Fished for the damn ghost back in '98 & '99 thinking it wasn't going to happen, till I finally landed my first.....(on my own boat)......then it was game on. Hope your story is the same.

Curtis............

The boat Hanna...........

Last edited:

rodngun762

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
Congratulations! Nice effort. Thanks for the report.

UnReel

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 5, 2003
So Cal
Name
You couldn't say it anyway
Boat
24' Skipjack open "UnReel"
Congrats on your first !!!

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Congratulations! :hali_olutta:

j

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
That's persistance paying off, soild effort and congrats!