thomasfishing

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 3, 2006
westminster
Name
Thomas
Boat
1851 seaswirl striper WA & 2601 Striper
First Off, I would like to thank UnReel and Catalinakook for their gracious intel. Game plan was to go fish the evening bite but my son has late evening soccor practice that he can't miss. I knew that this weekend would be a zoo so decided that it was now or never. Call up my brother in law and told him we going fishing at 3am til 7am. He thought I was crazy but you can't complain When you get a free ride. Launch out of HH at 3am and it was foggy as heck. Couldn't see in front of you. I knew that there would be squid boats out and I made the call on the radio if any was selling. Sure enough got an answer back that they were and they give me their location. Beside waking up Nacho at 3 in the morning would be a death sentence. Got a nice scoop of squid from the Pamela rose and set up shop on the outside of everyone in 75ft. Put out the lines and started to soak. I had a ballon rig,dropper loop, flyline squid and sliding egg sinker. We had a steady pick on some of the biggest cudas I've seen in years. Biggest went close to 9lbs. Just about graylight comes the cudas went wide open. Every bait in the water was a bite. Not the right kind but fun. Then my brother in law hooks something that was like a frieght train. wouldn't stop and getting spool on the spinner. Just as I was going to pull anchor and go chase it, my dropper loop rig goes off. Don't fight like any cuda either. So we got a double going. Long story short, brother in law never saw his as his line finally broke, but I got my gay seabass. Not sure of the weight, but I would guess around 35 to 40lbs. Had to be home early for work so not sure how the bite turned out. Now I am sleepy. Use heavy gear. Go get them.

Attachments

• DSC04755.jpg
    DSC04755.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC04753.jpg
    DSC04753.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 387
  • pic 525.jpg
    pic 525.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC04750.jpg
    DSC04750.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0

caserock

Student of life ....
Nov 29, 2005
Costa Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
La Otra
I would say that fish is over 30 pounds for sure !!! Nice going !!!

Upvote 0

Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
That's awesome Thomas ! I live by you and have a boat also but I can't get a day off to save my life.

Upvote 0

Katmandu

Semper Fi 0311
Sep 12, 2008
Torrance, CA
Name
Catalino
Boat
Skipjack Open 20 ft. "Tale Chaser" & Tarpon 160i
Nice going. Juggling work and fishing at the same time is an art: Fishing at 3-7 am, catching a nice ghost, and later going to work that same morning. I say you've mastered that art.

Congrats.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Very nice Gbass Sir.

Upvote 0