kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Haha...Never a dull moment on BD! 😜 Browsing at 3:45am is the best, I needed some mental release. I too, could not resist a reply. (Most of the times, I try to) Since he's so concerned about pet food, let me help: please give us your valued opinion on commercial seiners and their take on bycatch and waste? Can of worms officially opened...🐟🍻🌏😂

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Bleeding, gill and gutting is important for higher quality fish. Just because a fish is on the deck for a photo doesn't mean it's always been on the deck or will continue to be.

Reactions: kbray001
Upvote 0

mike82

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
I will never get over all these people who go out chasing bluefin (or any fish for that matter) and are lucky enough to hook up and stick a couple, only to take pictures of themselves with their fish, them leave 'em sitting there on the deck rotting in the son, while they "get their drunk on" and high five each other.

Some are so f***ing lazy, they don't even bother bleeding their fish, using a kill bag, ice, anything. I see people go out who are too f***ing lazy (or cheap?) to even BRING ice.

But its ok, because its "not worth the hassle" to deal with all that! they'll have sushi served to them in a sushi bar. They figure they will, "cut it up this shit, throw it in zip-lock bags" and pass it out to their friends and neighbors after it sits in their 50 degree fridge for a few days, if they can handle THAT burden!

But they will be quick to brag about how f***ing cool they are that they found the fish and killed em!

If these people were hunters, they would be leaving rotting deer or elk in their garage while they take drunken selfies of themselves to post all over face book.

Respect your catch people! If your not going to prepare what you are killing for human consumption, them your just "killing fish" and you are no better than an oil spill.
let me prepare a bottle of warm milk for you so you can go mimis now.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    INNOCENT! We bled all ours on Condor, then into the RSW.LOL So wide open, had stop 3 times!

BluefinBloodyDecks.jpg

Errin
    Errin
    Keeping tuna in a gunny sack is shameful. What a waste

Back up the dumpster!

GarytheCPA

Jun 13, 2011
    Costa Mesa/California/USA
    Name
    Gary Craig
    Boat
    36 BHM
    To put a finer point on it, these bluefin seem to run warmer than other fish we get. Tale from this week - 60lb fish, 60 lbs of ice in a slurry. Water 70 or so. We properly process the fish on deck. Fish is in the slurry in a great quality kill bag. Slab the fish out in the slip 3 hours later. All the ice is gone from the bag but the water is cold. The bloodline on the fish is still warm! To this end we are going to put blocks from now on in our kill bag. Fish was still perfect.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    HEY diver Errin....the fish shown are ALL being BLED in bags, then tagged and put into an RSW fish hold. Common on many boats. I prefer this vs. a big fish box blocking access to the front of the bait tank, over flowing with fish. GET IT???? LOL LOL We stopped fishing a wide open school 3 times to do so.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Errin

Snorkeler
    Jun 22, 2015
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Errin
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    HEY diver Errin....the fish shown are ALL being BLED in bags, then tagged and put into an RSW fish hold. Common on many boats. I prefer this vs. a big fish box blocking access to the front of the bait tank, over flowing with fish. GET IT???? LOL LOL We stopped fishing a wide open school 3 times to do so.
    You're such a saint

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    You're such a saint
    I'm no Saint LOL But I been out tuna fishing since 1960 and been on many boats trust me. On a May 3 day, wide open, you keep fishing til the bags split LOL
    Then Next a school of Yellowfin. Insane. Later and
    next day bigger bluefin. Bagged=bled and RSW.
    It's the Bloody Decks tradition. LOL

Reactions: fishstomp
    Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Look man, some people just like fish with some stank on it! :D

But not me. Bleed, gut and ice. I always bring 40 pounds of ice, and spend $$ for more on multiday trips to Catalina. Then again, people will actually eat my fish!

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
    Jul 19, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    Some people are so f**ing lazy they can't even post on the correct forum. They leave their paragraphs laying all over the place and can't be bothered to post in the Nonsense Anything forum so hey just post it in the Fishing Reports Forum.

Respect your Grammar people, Ughh!

Upvote 0

iThRoWIroN

• Jul 20, 2013
    Highland, CA
    Name
    AdubM
    Boat
    VU Meeder
    Love fishing and don’t eat any seafood, give it all
    Away or use it for fertilizer in the backyard. Let that one sink in hahahaha
    If I could catch and release on sport boats, I totally would! Thank God those days are over!🤣 Shit now, I have a hard time saving bait as my wife and mother enjoy to free anything left living in our 68 gallon bait tank after fishing🤣

Upvote 0

T-Tang

Far from newbie, but lifetime learner
    Jul 27, 2006
    Dana Point
    Name
    Tyson
    Boat
    21' Bayliner Trophy
    Yeah, but every time I buy ice, I don't catch anything. When I don't bring it, well, you know.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
    Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    Some people are so f**ing lazy they can't even post on the correct forum. They leave their paragraphs laying all over the place and can't be bothered to post in the Nonsense Anything forum so hey just post it in the Fishing Reports Forum.

Respect your Grammar people, Ughh!
    I put it where it belongs, Lou.
    Some people ONLY post in the report forum. Wether it's a report or not.

Reactions: lougio
    Blackfish
    Blackfish
    Hahaha. I moved it to nonsense board, then moved it back, because I was enjoying the shit show. Hahaha
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0