Catching Bluefin for cat food

Inthwtr

Apr 16, 2008
San Pedro
Name
Derek
Boat
Achillies 15
I will never get over all these people who go out chasing bluefin (or any fish for that matter) and are lucky enough to hook up and stick a couple, only to take pictures of themselves with their fish, them leave 'em sitting there on the deck rotting in the son, while they "get their drunk on" and high five each other.

Some are so f***ing lazy, they don't even bother bleeding their fish, using a kill bag, ice, anything. I see people go out who are too f***ing lazy (or cheap?) to even BRING ice.

But its ok, because its "not worth the hassle" to deal with all that! they'll have sushi served to them in a sushi bar. They figure they will, "cut it up this shit, throw it in zip-lock bags" and pass it out to their friends and neighbors after it sits in their 50 degree fridge for a few days, if they can handle THAT burden!

But they will be quick to brag about how f***ing cool they are that they found the fish and killed em!

If these people were hunters, they would be leaving rotting deer or elk in their garage while they take drunken selfies of themselves to post all over face book.

Respect your catch people! If your not going to prepare what you are killing for human consumption, them your just "killing fish" and you are no better than an oil spill.

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
Fresh caught fish deserves to be handled with the upmost care as possible , in my opinion it needs to sit on the deck after being bleed for 15 to 20 minutes and then iced as much as possible , I know not all boats have the capacity to hold a couple hundred pounds of ice for there catch but at least carry a kill bag to keep the fish off the deck and out of the sun , bluefin is a great sport fish and also a great eating fish with proper care

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Man, I can’t even take a picture with my BFT on the deck now.

I feel so stupid.

8BC5A5DB-22BF-4875-AA9B-20593125816F.jpeg
C872BDDE-9CB1-483D-B4AB-CF251C48E906.jpeg
A0C81A54-A62B-4172-B185-F28CB77C9E24.jpeg
13B65AA5-C835-45DE-8134-62AD792B89ED.jpeg
8A4C8E07-405B-4E1F-8500-47827C091C2C.jpeg

B
bakermancanvw1
Thats the Aztec. Those fish were pulled from the ice cold fish hold and were properly bleed and stored.
Upvote 0

onehottip

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Hater! He went out on half day boat and someone else got one.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    I will never get over all these people who go out chasing bluefin (or any fish for that matter) and are lucky enough to hook up and stick a couple, only to take pictures of themselves with their fish, them leave 'em sitting there on the deck rotting in the son, while they "get their drunk on" and high five each other.

Some are so f***ing lazy, they don't even bother bleeding their fish, using a kill bag, ice, anything. I see people go out who are too f***ing lazy (or cheap?) to even BRING ice.

But its ok, because its "not worth the hassle" to deal with all that! they'll have sushi served to them in a sushi bar. They figure they will, "cut it up this shit, throw it in zip-lock bags" and pass it out to their friends and neighbors after it sits in their 50 degree fridge for a few days, if they can handle THAT burden!

But they will be quick to brag about how f***ing cool they are that they found the fish and killed em!

If these people were hunters, they would be leaving rotting deer or elk in their garage while they take drunken selfies of themselves to post all over face book.

Respect your catch people! If your not going to prepare what you are killing for human consumption, them your just "killing fish" and you are no better than an oil spill.
    Pics of your latest catch iced down or I call bullshit!

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Top or Bottom
    Upvote 0

jgtranswerks

Aug 25, 2006
    Behind the Orange curtain
    Name
    JG
    Boat
    No

Maybe you're confusing it with the BlueFin Bonito , on 3/4 day boats ?

Upvote 0