Catchin' Beats being at work!

fishincowboy

Mar 22, 2007
Fulleton
Name
Gary
Boat
25 custom aluminum pilot house
Well, despite the water conditions forecast not being the greatest, we decided WE'RE GOIN' FISHIN' !
On the water before six, got tanked with mixed sardines from Nacho and headed to our favorite spots. Windy, choppy, swells to six feet, but we're going fishing! Not many trucks in the parking lot at Davie's. A couple of friends there at the same time doing the harbor quest for halibut. The got one hali for the day about 25".
Got to our first stop and started our first drift. Within a half hour three nice sandies on board. Drift was fast and bumpy, even with the drift bags out. Sun finally broke through the clouds and the seas settled down and the wind died to nice conditions. But our drifts produced nothing but one more sandie almost 22" while we were anchored right off a rock pile. Two NICE mystery fish lost in some short 3 to 4 minute battles. None to color. By almost eleven in the morning we try some of the spots on the "shoe" for no success. Stopped on some halibut grounds to see if we could snag one. Only success there was my best boat ho Jay's best sculpin ever. Nice big tasty fattie.
So with the wind starting to pick up again at about 2p.m. we decided to call it a day and head in. Not a bad day, but not the best either. But like we always say, "better than being at work"!
Didn't see many boats out on the water, we were one of the few.

Thanks,
GARY
Gary's Custom Saddlery & Silver
maker of fishing belt buckles
http://www.garyscustomsaddleryandsilver.com < Custom saddles, carved leather & exotic belts, and solid sterling silver & gold belt buckles
Gary's Belt Buckles
http://www.garysbeltbuckles.com < Award & Trophy Buckles

Attachments

tsurikichi

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Name
Ron
Boat
10' 2 1/64"
Hi fishincowboy,

Thanks,

Your reports are ALWAYS worth the time spent to read and reference. Keep them a comin' throughout the Summer !!

tsurikichi

gved823

Sep 12, 2009
Lakewood
Name
Gary
Boat
Sold
Hello Fishin Cowboy,

Had the family out yesterday. Saw you on the water near the bait barges. At Davies during cleanup, my daughter heard someone call out "Gary". Next time I see you I'll say hello in person. We caught a bunch of YFC's.

Bank Robber

Hyperbolist
Apr 9, 2006
Merritt Island
Name
Dean
Boat
F/V Bank Robber
Hey Gary, we must be fishing different schedules this season usually I see you at the ramp now and again. I'm sure we will see you out there. Good job getting out in the iffy conditions Thanks for the report.

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Nice report,

I love the meat grinder mounted on the stern.

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Nice report , good getting out there in adverse conditions and making it work for Jay and you. You heard some lucky summabiatch got a legal Butt , sweet ; maybe they are starting to show up here. Don&#8217;t know all the details , but got to relay this rumor I heard about Saturday and a fellow fisherman. Seems this guy got a new pair of deckboots for the first time and used them Saturday , liked having warm , dry feet , but when he got home he couldn&#8217;t get them off his feet because he wore them without socks. LMAO when I heard. Maybe we can get some more details later.

doorman

Bartle Doo
Sep 14, 2009
lakeside
Name
Brett Murray
Boat
21', champion,
TCB! hail to the king, baby

labrat

FISH ON!!
Sep 19, 2007
Riverside, CA
Name
Jay
Boat
Crew Member for Fishing Cowboy
Hello Fishin Cowboy,

Had the family out yesterday. Saw you on the water near the bait barges. At Davies during cleanup, my daughter heard someone call out "Gary". Next time I see you I'll say hello in person. We caught a bunch of YFC's.

What are YFC's?

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Way to go Gary and Jay, nice Sandies!

Bent Nail

Jul 16, 2009
Ramona, Ca. USA
Name
Paul
Boat
2110 Parker WAC
Hey Gary.. nice report as always very informative and easy to read. Its the Nados for us on Thursday, Ill post then.