AlbieBack

Almost A Member
Mar 1, 2006
Huntington Bea
Name
Esi Liege
Boat
25 Wellcraft Coastal
Well went over to cat yesterday with a group on the Gail Force. Beautiful day on the water. Just a couple shots on the yellows as conditions were minimal. Remember no current no chance in hell. The fish were big pigs 22 lb plus so the 30lb tackle was necessary to pull hard on these fish as they headed back toward structure. Many casualties because of this. I was lucky to horse this guy to the boat but not with ease as i had gone with the light line. We got 12 of about 20. The bass fishin was steady to wide open with some big models 6 lb plus. Attached are pics of my 30lb yellow and a 6lb toad. For a Tuesday the boat traffic was light but the idiots were there in full effect. Please do not come accross the stern of any boat or split the middle of any two. Approach from the bow and slide in slowly so you do not screw up the established chum lines dont be retarded. Good luck guys. It is game on.

20190730_095835.jpg 20190730_142240.jpg

Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Well went over to cat yesterday with a group on the Gail Force. Beautiful day on the water. Just a couple shots on the yellows as conditions were minimal. Remember no current no chance in hell. The fish were big pigs 22 lb plus so the 30lb tackle was necessary to pull hard on these fish as they headed back toward structure. Many casualties because of this. I was lucky to horse this guy to the boat but not with ease as i had gone with the light line. We got 12 of about 20. The bass fishin was steady to wide open with some big models 6 lb plus. Attached are pics of my 30lb yellow and a 6lb toad. For a Tuesday the boat traffic was light but the idiots were there in full effect. Please do not come accross the stern of any boat or split the middle of any two. Approach from the bow and slide in slowly so you do not screw up the established chum lines dont be retarded. Good luck guys. It is game on.

View attachment 1052912 View attachment 1052913

We were out there with Capt. Bill of Pacific Coast Magazine and Charters on his Parker. If you worked spots you could get on. Watched lots farm on the big boats and lots of fur bags.

We went 3 for 3 with three people fishing. One caught on light bass gear.

Bill runs a class operation. Highly recommend him.

Reactions: AlbieBack
Upvote 0

uglyducky

I heard there was gonna be cake?
Dec 5, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Jesse Collin
Boat
It's complicated
funny, i had a guy post up in my chum line in can dumps area after we put 2 33lb'ers in the boat. was within casting distance from us. unreal how people lose tact and common sense when fishing. nice grab

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
So sad,
It someone post up within casting range...cast!
Let them know they are within your kill range.
After a few dings in their rig, they will get the point right?
Accidents happen!
PS don't cast toward any Outrages it might be me trolling a bit too tight. No one told u to anchor in that 80-100 ft of water dam it!

Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
So sad,
It someone post up within casting range...cast!
Let them know they are within your kill range.
After a few dings in their rig, they will get the point right?
Accidents happen!
PS don't cast toward any Outrages it might be me trolling a bit too tight. No one told u to anchor in that 80-100 ft of water dam it!
We watched a well known local sporty slide in right in front of a private boat who had just caught and was within 30' of their bow. Another local sporty posted up on our starboard right after I put one on board on the bass rod and did the boat circle dance. He was within casting distance. One was out of Newport and one out of LBC.

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Nice job!
    I was over there Monday to Weds and did not even get a shot at a yellow. Didn't see any caught, either.

Upvote 0