I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Hi Guys,

Got back from the island yesterday and ended up going 1 for 4. There were quite a few boats in the area and although they did not bite as well as the night before, they were still biting. Overall pretty decent fishing. We got a handful of other fish as well, your usual suspects, calico bass, sheeps, perch etc...

On a side note, for the private boaters out there, some were very respectful with setting up but some just did not want to listen or give a damn. We lost fish due to this but they just have to give a little room and respect...

If I can give you a " high-five" from my boat to yours. YOU ARE WAY TOO CLOSE. If you can touch my boat with your rod.....you are too close.

Other than that, Im glad the fish are biting.

We are leaving again tonight and have 2 spots left.

Call us at 714-454-8267 or 562-266-6228

You need a little bit of this:

(same fish)

GETSUM

Feb 22, 2007
Name
ERIC G.
Boat
22' ROBALO CC "ON ONE"
NICE CBASS BILLY. HOPE THE BITE CONTINUES.

captjeffjones

Embellishment detector.
Jun 6, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Captain Jeff Jones
Boat
Depends on which client....
Good going. I like to use the "long jig cast" distance rule. If I can hit you with a jig, you're too close. Nice croaker. That should get the phone a ringin'.

Last edited:

JTIME5

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 1, 2005
orange county
Name
cong
Boat
28 Grady white JTIME5
On a side note, for the private boaters out there, some were very respectful with setting up but some just did not want to listen or give a damn. We lost fish due to this but they just have to give a little room and respect...

Even Party boat and 6 pack boat they do the same,i have to moved my spot due to uderstand that they are have to do for living.

Nice fish.

All Business

Oct 29, 2009
Zooport CA
Name
Eric David
Boat
Whaler
Great report Billy, and very true about setting up on anchor. Wish I could go.

Good luck..

umoa

silent
Feb 28, 2006
unknown
Name
jimmy
Boat
18' starcraft "big knockers"
right kind! how much did it weigh? wish i didn't have the shit to deal with at work. That fish could've been mine :( see you soon... hopefully.

YellowTail310

Jul 28, 2006
Name
G
Boat
None
Good Job, Billy! Hahaha....

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
crew members fished all day long and little to no instruction even though we told them we have never fished the island before.

With all due respect to the "glamor" of WSB, it's not much different that catfishing. Pin on a bait, chuck it out there, and hope your number gets called. Seriously, it's really that simple.

The skill in this game all happens in the wheelhouse well before the anchor drops.

Oh, and you want as many lines in the water as possible to increase your odds.

oddieleo

May 17, 2009
Riverside,Ca., Riverside
Name
Mike
Boat
2502 trophy
ITS FUNNY WHEN THEY NESTLE UP TO YOU ON A GOOD SPOT [ AND THEY DO ], ITS JUST PART OF FISHING, AND THATS FINE. BUT WHEN YOU MOVE UP CLOSE TO THEM YOUR AN ASS HOLE AND SCREWING UP THEIR CHUM. I SAY F-EM ITS THE OCEAN AND WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE ASS HOLES IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

harryo

harryo
May 9, 2005
San Diego
Name
Harry Okuda
Boat
sold
Hey Billy, glad you got into them. Good seeing you on the docks today. Fishin's good.
Seaya!
harryo

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Good effort Billy, that's a toad WSB. Have a fantastic Holiday weekend, although it is projected to be windy today and Saturday, better on Sunday and Monday!

DaveR

Feb 22, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
28' Skipjack
May 2010......wtf?

tsurikichi

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Name
Ron
Boat
10' 2 1/64"
Hi fishingguy,

Dang .... have I been missing your reports or has it been a while .......
Touching another boat with ones rod .... I hope there's no one out there that owns a boat would do that sort of thing.

Nice to see a big fishy decked !!

tsurikichi

Status
Not open for further replies.