Fishingcole

Sep 13, 2017
California
Name
Patrick
Boat
North River 22ft Seahawk
Left Catalina at 6 headed to the 277.
Dropped in on a paddy short of it, got bit and lost it. Ended being the only bite of the day. We left that set out the cedar plugs and kept plugging away. Hit our first foam show but had 5 boats on it so we turned and headed toward SC. 10 minutes later we had foam after foam all to ourselves. But they wouldn’t do it for me. Colt snipers, poppers, tadys, different sizes different colors. I asked multiple times what guys were catching them on. Heard someone say they were throwing snag rigs. Anyways from the looks of it 25-50 lb fish… just couldn’t get them to go. Left early as it got sloppy and had 30 miles back to two harbors. Going to give it a break tomorrow and try for yellowtail and will try again later in the week.

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
Some say the snag rigs are unsportsmanlike . Seems they are getting used a-lot lately . Desperate times I guess .

Upvote 0

fish&snow

lurker
May 27, 2014
Name
James
Boat
Reel Freedom
Some say the snag rigs are unsportsmanlike . Seems they are getting used a-lot lately . Desperate times I guess .
When you pull up to a foamer with thousands of fish going crazy on bait, and you launch your jig into the fury of ravaging tuna, and You yell I’m bit, then spend the next 10 minutes reeling it in only to find it was foul hooked, IS NOT un-sportsman like. It’s just what happens. It is what it is.

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
When you pull up to a foamer with thousands of fish going crazy on bait, and you launch your jig into the fury of ravaging tuna, and You yell I’m bit, then spend the next 10 minutes reeling it in only to find it was foul hooked, IS NOT un-sportsman like. It’s just what happens. It is what it is.

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
Sure . Thats seems legit . Im talking more about a purpose built jig for snagging . Bragging about it is pretty lame. There’s no glory in that .Tuna gods will be disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: fish&snow
Upvote 0