Islands CATALINA report 9-19

DesolateGreg

Jun 22, 2020
whittier
Name
Greg
Boat
16' starcraft
Fished catalina yesterday with my son and a buddy. Bait from Nachos was probably the best I've seen all summer. Headed straight to the west end of the island. First stop near arrow point, first bait in the water produced my PB yellowtail was a fun catch on light tackle. Figures I'm busy helping my son with something my rod is in the holder and my lexa300 starts screaming. Guess I should just leave it in the rod holder more often been doing it wrong this whole time. Moved around a few times the rest of the day. Was able to snag another yellow slow trolling around iron bound cove. Despite metering plenty of fish we really didn't any of the normal 3B's but I'm perfectly fine with that!

yellowtail2.jpg

yellowtail.jpg

Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Nice job. We went to the east end and were hounded by relentless dogs most of the way up the island.

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Hell ya that's a toad! And you are a rockstar now in your son's eyes. Way to go Dad! I really need to get my son out on the water.

Reactions: Tom123 and Tunahead
Upvote 0

splashy77

Almost A Member
Apr 3, 2007
Lane Vicky
Name
Daniel
Boat
Hasbro's Timon and Pumba pool floatie
Stuff he'll remember for ever. Some of my best memories from that age was fishing and camping with my brothers and my dad. I get teary eyed just thinking of it. Great outing, you guys got em that's for sure. Nice big yellow, happy kid, what else ya want🤙🤙🤙?
Btw.. his little deck boots and Salty Crew Jacket is pretty cool!

Reactions: DesolateGreg
Upvote 0