Jeremyarrey

Lucky
Sep 2, 2019
Corona
Name
Jeremy arrey
Boat
270AJ (sold)
Planning on going fishing this weekend with a friend of mine. The question is Catalina or chase the tuna? Can both be done in one day? Let me know your thoughts and if you got any hotspots for either place let me know please.
Thank you
Jeremy

uriast

Dec 13, 2005
w.covina
Name
tony
Boat
262 skipjack
I just came back from Catalina, it was slow , caught calico bass . Maybe 20 of them all day between my dad ,son and I. The water was smooth. I did not hear any radio traffic of any tuna ,no yellowtail as well.

Jeremyarrey

Lucky
Sep 2, 2019
Corona
Name
Jeremy arrey
Boat
270AJ (sold)
Sorry for the late report. It was truly an amazing day my daughter caught 11 calicos on the other side of the west end . Then we followed some birds out maybe 4 miles north of 125 seen dolphin Splashin. Metered fish couldn’t get them to bite. We trolled till farnsworth bank We had no hits. Hit a few more spots looking for yellowtail we had three hook ups but couldn’t bring them in. (30lb braid 30lb Flora carbon). The weather, water conditions,clarity of the water it was perfect as if it scripted out of a movie. Seen a Bald Eagle scoop fish out out the water. She had the time of her life but did tell me she prefers the bigger boats. Now my son is itching to go.