FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
I call fucking bullshit! So now we will have MLPA closeures and everyone wants to whine and ask how the closures affect them? During the hearings, where were you? Who of you went to meetings, spoke to neighbors, donated money? Now that we will have closures, most of you will fish the confined,overfished areas, blame the poor economy for not being involved, drink a few, and then spout off on this gossip site, like you are the expert.
We, the people get the government that we deserve! Get informed! FUCK partisan politics! VOTE. Vote out the Bastards that continue to screw us, regardless of party. Become informed. Learn about the issues that affect you/us. MLPA got thru because they were smarter, more organized, and better funded than we were. Don’t get pissed on- get pissed off!
Bill Parker

X2 :appl:

Upvote 0

Fin Fever

May 6, 2004
Seal Beach
Name
Johannes
Boat
44 Pacifica
Which leads me to my next question. Have they, or are they going to, increase the number of DFG wardens?

How can they possibly patrol all these areas when they can't send a single warden to walk down the Blemont pier in Long Beach and prevent the 1000s of short white seabass, halibut, and sand bass that get kept.

The state is broke. I thought surely implementation of the MLPA would be put on hold due to lack of funds. I guess not.

They are going to have to use the honor system. :rofl:

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I call fucking bullshit! So now we will have MLPA closeures and everyone wants to whine and ask how the closures affect them? During the hearings, where were you? Who of you went to meetings, spoke to neighbors, donated money? Now that we will have closures, most of you will fish the confined,overfished areas, blame the poor economy for not being involved, drink a few, and then spout off on this gossip site, like you are the expert.
We, the people get the government that we deserve! Get informed! FUCK partisan politics! VOTE. Vote out the Bastards that continue to screw us, regardless of party. Become informed. Learn about the issues that affect you/us. MLPA got thru because they were smarter, more organized, and better funded than we were. Don’t get pissed on- get pissed off!
Bill Parker

Wow, i had no idea all we had to do was vote.The problem is fisherman are outnumbered big time.MLPA was never up for a vote,was it ? maybe fisherman should have started the conservation movement first instead of letting the greeny people start it for us.

Upvote 0

flyliner

@thereelflyliner
Aug 19, 2007
Santa Monica
Name
Jonathan
Boat
31' Cabo Express
Bill Parker

I wish I could have gone to more meetings, but I just couldn't get the time off of work during the week. In any event, from what I heard from my friends that did go, these meetings were a "sham" and I doubt it would have made much of a difference. Still, I really wish I could have gone to more meetings to voice my displeasure nonetheless.

Now, what I was able to do, and did do, was contribute to the legal battle that challeged the validity of the process by which the MLPA was adopted.

Unfortunately that did not go so well at the trial level. We will see how the appeal goes.

I also donate every year to the white seabass hatchery.

I will say that I think the California DFG is largely to blame for the MLPA. Their complete and utter mismanagement of our resources certainly contributed to this mess.

What we should do is raise money to send all the DFG officers to Alaska to see what a properly managed fishery looks like.

Upvote 0

OciferDave

Jun 20, 2006
California
Name
Dave
Boat
35 Cabo OC + 30 Grady Baja
..... yes and leave them there indefinitely ..... while they get replaced by DFG officers that actually don't have to ask fishermen "what is this fish?" ... and have a bit less tude ...

Upvote 0

GregAndrew

I Find Stuff
Dec 28, 2008
San Gabriel,Ca.,USA
Name
Greg
Boat
T15 Kayak
The DFG officers were actually, for the most part, on our side in the MLPA process. It is only the Governor appointed DFG Commissioners (3 of the 5 anyway) that were against us. Unfortunately the officers have to do what the Commission tells them to do. I don't know that there are any species that are currently mismanaged by the DFG to an extent that would require more than limit or season adjustments. Unless you belive the recent article saying the Sand and Calico Bass stocks are down 90% even though the same numbers are being caught :_diarrhea_:.

Upvote 0

flying bait

Sep 28, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
Trophy 2352
However be careful that you DO NOT DOWNLOAD the new DFG MAPS onto your GPS....because this is how they track your ass. They've admitted to this in meetings in subtle ways. So be careful what you download from the DFG website.

If you don't have actual proof for DFG mobil's app to track user location, please delete your original post. There is no need to spread false information.

However, if you actual have hard proof of DFG is tracking user location without user consent, let's see the proof. State of California can be in some serious trouble if this is true.

Upvote 0