Catalina Island- great fishing until--

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by emarquez4, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Trout.com

Trout.com Member

Name:
    Michael
    Boat:
    17' Klamath "Queequeg"
    It pays to fish in week days. Saves your nerves, patients and sanity. It also prevents you from going to jail. Fucking dirt farmers.

monster1 likes this.
  2. kms70

kms70 Bigfudder

Name:
    Ken
    Boat:
    Fo' Reels
    a Knuckle Samich??

3. NewportMatt

NewportMatt Let's All Just Get Along

Name:
    Matt Schubert
    Boat:
    Old Spool - Parker 2520
    Always anchor on the bow of another boat if you want to get in on a bite. Doesn't kill the bite and the fish swim UP current looking for bait so the other boats chumline works for you without putting the fish down.
    95% of private boaters do not know this. They anchor off your stern and nobody catches a damn thing

ol' salt, Kin, monster1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Flatinfifth

Flatinfifth Newbie

Name:
    Angel Sanchez-Figueras
    Boat:
    Skeeter 21
    You won't find this type of behavior in most states. California is falling apart socially. Not ethics, no civic values and no morals taught in schools or in the home: what do you get? You get this commode of a society. I have so many friends that have left because the grief isn't worth it.
    The only issue we run into when moving to another state is that the people there don't want Californians moving to their town for the very f'ing reasons I just pointed out. Californians in general have a bad reputation in other states.

............and what has been reported on this thread is exactly what others are talking about. Sad as hell, but sooner than later, many like me will be gone.

bajabills and Blackfish like this.
  5. salty nuts

salty nuts Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Tim Mohawk
    Boat:
    25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
    The internet!

6. fishsmith

fishsmith Captain

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    21' Proline "MarLinz"
    It was a weather balloon

BrokeLoser, rdrrm8e and plj46 like this.
  7. Hookdown

Hookdown Member

Name:
    Johnson
    Boat:
    Mine
    This is not a good scenario. No matter who your dealing with , this will end badly.

jeffdalton and plj46 like this.
  8. jeffdalton

jeffdalton "Well Known" Member

Name:
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat:
    21' Parker/Stealth Stix
    These posts crack me up! Obviously some of you fail to realize that this is a part of fishing So Cal and all the bitching in the world isn't going to change a thing. Fishing is supposed to be fun and just because you lose a yellow or two is nothing to cry about. Truth is, you're on the water having fun and you're allowing a clueless boater to ruin your day. Kind of silly....don't you think? Learn how to fish in a less conspicuous manner and you might land a few more fish without drawing the attention of those clueless boaters that somehow think that because your rod is bent, "your" spot is the place to be. :D

9. jeffdalton

jeffdalton "Well Known" Member

Name:
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat:
    21' Parker/Stealth Stix
    The problem with that is you may never reach the island before said bananas do their thing.

monster1 likes this.
  10. bajabills

bajabills I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    blackman fishmachine
    Well if your fishing spectra , and you hook a big one
    And you wrap his anchor line freespool is your friend.

On another note, if your lined up as you are, and the fish swim by, you all will get hooked up, as the fish make their way up the line.

Personally I agree with you there a little close. And I wouldn't care too much for that either, but it does get worse at times.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  11. Pgnracr

Pgnracr Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Line up
    I used to go steel head fishing opening day as a kid at the mouth of the river youcould not fish until 5:00 am but my family would get up at 2:30 be standing in waders in river at 3:00am waiting to cast at DFG flare shot at 5:00. Once you kept a fish you had to leave. Elbow to elbow pencil weigh with roe. Wild but fun!! Most people were great!!!

12. natebal

natebal Newbie

Name:
    nate
    Boat:
    cobra f'n'd
    judging by the picks they appear to be at least 75 yards off. that is a respectable distance to me,
    wait till you get someone that actually drops 20 yards away and that will seem fine. Also anchoring up along side is much better for not shutting off the bite than drifting or slow trolling circles around you like they might have done, nothing wrong with that scenario

13. So Cal Adventure

So Cal Adventure Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    RB
    Boat:
    42 ft Bertram
    This cant be a real. Shooting paitballs toward someone on the water could merit an arrest. Hitting your dog on the nose as a teaching tool...I hope...is figurative. If this is real, you need to re-evaluate your life.

14. bman440440

bman440440 I am the one who knocks!!!

Name:
    B-MAN
    Boat:
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Ships & Giggles (32' double decker pontoon)
    now to start off you must not have read my post completely or understand it... I stated that I do not condone shooting other boats nor did I say toward someone or boat... I said shot into the water... as far as the training a puppy statement I said it's sorta like thumping a puppy on the nose... hot hitting them... there is a BIG difference... I'm a dog (and cat for that matter) owner and my current dog Yadda is a pit bull that is now 17 1/2 years old and she is the sweetest girl in the world and even people that are afraid of dogs (let alone pit bulls) that have met her will attest to that... and finally ONLY GOD, my mom and my girlfriend get to tell me to re-evaluate my life! YOU have NO rite to tell ANYONE that except your family! ok my rant is over now... quit bitching and go fishing!

ol' salt and So Cal Adventure like this.