Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Dan, don't let the dorks get the better of you. I wouldn't even bother to respond to negative nonsense. By the way, nice yellow!!!! Thanks for a solid report!!

Thank you!

Reactions: c-nut
Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
One technique is to pin a whole squid on and let it sink in free spool until the perch and smaller bass start to peck at it. Then throw the reel in gear. A larger fish will be attracted to the commotion and charge in for the kill. When the tap tap tap turns to a heavy tug, set the hook.

yes what he is saying is perfect, I also like to bounce it back to me from a long cast, that's how I hooked this yellow.

Reactions: c-nut
Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
It's funny the negativity sometimes, always gonna be somebody that's grumpy. Thanks for all the tips Dan, nice fish!
no problem, I really enjoy fishing an d teaching people about fishing, I've found that those that are the most negative and those that do most of their fishing on the computer and not on the water.

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Nice yellowtail Dan, congrats.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
It's sad that there are always haters here. The only people that hate me are people that have never fished with me or been to one of my free kids fishing events. This is my 29th year on TV, my 16th year running my youth foundation and this was not the first yellowtail I ever landed on a Bucktail. I use bucktails all the time and catch calicos, sand bass, halibut, rock fish, ling cod and white sea bass too. thank you guys for all your support.

How do you know I haven't fished with you?

Upvote 0

c-nut

Fishing addict
Mar 2, 2003
Murrieta, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
TBA
LOL, "they're gay" says the guy who post on a mostly male blog with a call sign of "sitonmyface" "sexnow" funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Dan, nice yellow! I caught a big YT last year. Could have sworn it was 30lb, nope just over 20. Many on here way over estimate the wieght of YT
Nice catch, bro
Keep up the kids fishing thing, always nice to see guys give back when they are able.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Yet happier than you apparently.
What makes you think I'm not happy? Just because I think Dan Hernandez is a donkey does not mean I'm not happy. He's just trying to sell garbage fish batter, magic metals and stupid red mono. He should've gone away a long time ago but somehow he got the cameras turned from him while deckhands hook fish for him. Dan's just a fat lazy maggot who takes people to fish the wall on charter trips.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
What makes you think I'm not happy? Just because I think Dan Hernandez is a donkey does not mean I'm not happy. He's just trying to sell garbage fish batter, magic metals and stupid red mono. He should've gone away a long time ago but somehow he got the cameras turned from him while deckhands hook fish for him. Dan's just a fat lazy maggot who takes people to fish the wall on charter trips.
Dan does more than his share of stuff for the kids and that puts him in rare company as a human...

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks

Regardless of what you feel about him he is doing a great thing for kids and is part of the SoCal fishing scene. I remember when he was writing for WON and on the early days of Inside Sportfishing before doing his own show. He does push alot of his products but the guy has to make a living. Buy or not is up to you. No need to hate.

I, for one, like his show. It's gear more towards beginners and some of the things said on the show are a little hokie. But it shows alot of the partyboat fishing scene that I grew up with and love.

I've never met him in person so can't comment on his fishing skills. He does seem to farm alot of yellows on his shows. lol. It's all good.

Reactions: b-reel and jaw1970
Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
make the time to go fishing, life is short....

Agree. Not sure why people feel the need to shit on a persons fishing report, and make it personal on top of it all. Indeed life is short, way to short.

Thanks for the report Dan.

Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Hi guys, I have been away fishing in Loreto so I never saw this. If you'd like to see if I really know how to fish, just sign up for my one TV fishing charters or ask someone who has been on a few of them. Over my 29 years on TV I have had my share of haters, I'm use to it. I also have had my share of very happy families and kids on my fishing trips and at my youth foundation events. Teaching people how to catch fish is what I enjoy doing. Today is the 4th of July and I plan to enjoy it with my friends & family and will not spend one second thinking about this hater or any others. Happy 4th everyone!!!!

Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Hey Dan how do you like that Californian Tri Helix rod? Good test for it with that toad you caught, nice work!
That was the first fish I ever landed with that rod and it worked great. I've used on several other trips since then and just picked up a second one from Turner's because I like the rod so much.

Upvote 0