beau country

captain/kinda
Jul 8, 2007
rancho cucamonga
Name
beau
Boat
25'2", sportcraft, nautical BEAUTT
well decided to pack up and head out to cat island for some diving and fishing and buggin. left the launch ramp at 930 am from huntington. got out to cat around 1015 and picked a spot near the gardens. threw all the gear on and headed down for some spear fishing. first decent with my gun in hand i see about 5 legal bugs chilling. i dropped the gun and grabbed one only to realize i didn't have my bag or a guage. grabbed the gun got tangled in seaweed all the way up to the surface (50ft) and about 500yards of 30lb test. got to the boat measured threw it in the live well...no bait either..ugh. and grabbed my guage and bag and headed back down. looked for more bugs with no avail. saw my partner take a shot at a rather large white fish. he knicked it got off the spear and i took the kill shot with mine. the fish ran and i got my spear my bcd and tank caught up in about another 100 yards of 15lb test. so now i am pissed trying to untangle myself and the fish which is still fighting. took out my dive knife and stabbed the white in the head (that made me feel better) and started to cut myself free from the shit heap of birdsnest i had wrapped myself in. spent about an hour at the bottom didn't see anything worth shooting besides a rather large eel that tried to bite me and my friend while trying to grab another bug. (I didn't shoot though if you were wondering)
here is a pic of brad with my bug

out of air time to come up.. clear water and nice weather at cat island. water was glass and it was surprisingly warm.

trolled for a bit. (no bait ugh) and got into the bonito like no other. that was a good thing cause we needed hoop bait. pulled the first two small ones and put them in the hold. couple of biggens (football sized 8-9 lbs) then more smalls. no bass nothing worth while just good fights with the bonies.

hit up hen rock to drop some hoops for a few hours before we headed back. i only have 2 nets so we just anchored for a bit and dropped them over hen rock area.. got like 5 eels in the first two pulls. they actually crawled into the bait net. that was fun..not. moved to the morings around hen rock. for nada. only pulled till bout 8pm then took off. weather picked up and turned glass to a wet freezing mess on the way home. my waterproof jacket sucked ass. i got wet. i think it was from all the water coming down my hood onto my chest and then the legs were just done for. got back to the docks at around 915 pm. loaded up the boat and took off. about 20 miles up the 605fwy. someone flaggs me down and starts honking. "you just lost a tire" huh???? pulled over almost got killed by about 4 big rigs. sure as shit all my lug studs had broken on one hub. no tire. no rim.. just an axle dragging the ground. limp off in el monte right in the ghetto find a 24hour gas station asked if they had a phone book... "speaky spanich" no i dont speak spanish do you have a phone book. i dunno...:fighting0061:

least to say i was glad that i carry a glock 26 on me at all times. freaking ghetto. unhook the truck. leave my boat in the ghetto. (hopefully it will get stolen so i dont have to deal with putting a new hub or lug studs on) so here we are it is 1230 i have court at 8am dont know how to get my boat back to my house. least to say i am fucked.

but who can complain with a day like this

great day fishing for bad tasting hard fighting fish. shitty ride home. god i need a new trailer.

im out

greeper

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 27, 2004
Glendora
Name
greeper
Boat
Malibu Extreme Yak, float tube
sounds like it could've gotten a little Hairy... Gotta love El Monte, good thing my parents got out of there when I was young.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
looks like a fun, productive day.........man, look at that ocean. Wow........

beau country

captain/kinda
Jul 8, 2007
rancho cucamonga
Name
beau
Boat
i dont know i hope not...lol i am on my way out there right now with some lug studs and nuts to try to fix the problem. we will see if i can pull it off

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Maybe just buy a hub and replace that... One nut on and off and your done...

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
YO Beau! What a couple of ugly fuckers, LOL. Nice trip/pics. SOrry about the drama. Gimme a buzz if I can help.

Billy

gonebendo

Peanut Row
Mar 24, 2006
OC
Name
Crystal
Boat
Paddle & "Mess Around" Huntington Harbor which isn't really mine...
Wow, that tire deal sucks, although it could have been worse. Awesome report and beautiful day though. Hope your boat and trailer are okay!

beau country

captain/kinda
Jul 8, 2007
rancho cucamonga
Name
beau
Boat
well to add to my story, i get down to where i parked the boat and it was gone. fuckin manager of the store towed it even after his worker gave me permission. so the tow yard attempted to charge me 680 to get it out. fuck that. then they said that the boat wasn't registered to me. omg i was about to go balistic. so now i told them about the tow laws in the state of california (which i shouldn't have cause they would have been liable for 4x the cost of the tow.). that would have been an easy 2400 in my pocket. so now they still over charged me. so off to civil court on the chevron who told me to park there and civil court for the tow company who over charged me. gotta love the pieces of ish at the place. i fixed the lugs by pounding 5 new ones into it. put my spare tire on, since the other one is on the 605fwy somewhere, and pop the tire freaking popped. just my luck... i love my life. got a new (probably stolen) tire from a hole in the wall shop for $30. i just wanted to say that i love el monte and cant wait to go again...not

beau country

captain/kinda
Jul 8, 2007
rancho cucamonga
Name
beau
Boat
ps billy you can kiss my ass, how dare you post a pic of a fish like that. well bro i am dry docking my boat next week then we can go buggin whenever.

Fat Daddy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 27, 2004
Corona
Name
Andy
Boat
Parker 2520 DVSC Diesel
"least to say i was glad that i carry a glock 26 on me at all times....here we are it is 1230 i have court at 8am ......"

Your court appearence wouldn't have anything to do with you being strapped all the time would it? My guess based on appearence is no.

Bummer on the tire, but at least it was not worse. I once blew one out and almost ate my lunch on the 405 doing 55. Scary shit when it happens.

beau country

captain/kinda
Jul 8, 2007
rancho cucamonga
Name
beau
Boat
"least to say i was glad that i carry a glock 26 on me at all times....here we are it is 1230 i have court at 8am ......"

Your court appearence wouldn't have anything to do with you being strapped all the time would it? My guess based on appearence is no.

Bummer on the tire, but at least it was not worse. I once blew one out and almost ate my lunch on the 405 doing 55. Scary shit when it happens.
na just like to carry one cause i can... ...:p

ronburgundy

Great Odin's raven!
Aug 8, 2007
San Diego
Name
Ron Burgundy
Boat
News Chopper 1
i just wanted to say that i love el monte and cant wait to go again...not
Thanks for brining back the "not" following a sarcastic statement. That's old school, and with everything you've been though, you sir deserve to roll 1996.

Hope things work out.

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
Thanks for brining back the "not" following a sarcastic statement. That's old school, and with everything you've been though, you sir deserve to roll 1996.

Hope things work out.
:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

"he got pulled over and was just about to go to jail when the cop saw a bloody decks sticker on the back of the truck, the cop asked if he fished. they started talkin about fishing and the only reason he got off with a warning was because the cop was a fellow bloody decker. "

This BS is what you get for being a nice guy Beau.

ronburgundy

Great Odin's raven!
Aug 8, 2007
San Diego
Name
Ron Burgundy
Boat
News Chopper 1
:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

"he got pulled over and was just about to go to jail when the cop saw a bloody decks sticker on the back of the truck, the cop asked if he fished. they started talkin about fishing and the only reason he got off with a warning was because the cop was a fellow bloody decker. "

This BS is what you get for being a nice guy Beau.
Wow, that was taken the wrong way. I really do like the "not" thing, it's funny. I grew up on Wayne's World and I miss saying that...I am glad he's (and Borat) bringing it back. Party on Beau...

gman90706

Oct 31, 2007
Bellflower
Name
Tim
Boat
21',Striper
beau - that SUCKS! dude if you got BoatUS / vessel assist... might wanna consider adding the trailering club to it ... it's $29/year and I would think all those mishaps would have been covered by it - or at least you wouldn't have had to leave your rig in the hood..... BoatUS.com: Trailering Club

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
One of my research directors used to be at the Stanford school of medicine. He once told me that if you drop your keys on the sidewalk in some neighborhoods of San Francisco, you'd better kick them home. Sorry to hear you found yourself in a similar situation. At least you had a good day on the water. Thanks for the report.

trlrtrsh67

Porch Honkey
Nov 22, 2007
Running Springs
Name
Rich
Boat
14' Gregor / IMP 220 Sportsman WA
Looking at your avatar I see you have a tandem axle trailer. In the future, if this ever happens again, you can jack up the axle at the corner where you lost the tire/rim and chain the axle up to the trailer frame as tight as possible.Getting the leaf spring to compress enough and getting the chain tight enough you will be able to suspend the spindle high enough off the ground to continue traveling down the road. It may sound crazy, but it works...I did this before on a loaded 18 wheeler on the 60 to get it from City of Industry to Fontana.

beau country

captain/kinda
Jul 8, 2007
rancho cucamonga
Name
beau
Boat
Looking at your avatar I see you have a tandem axle trailer. In the future, if this ever happens again, you can jack up the axle at the corner where you lost the tire/rim and chain the axle up to the trailer frame as tight as possible.Getting the leaf spring to compress enough and getting the chain tight enough you will be able to suspend the spindle high enough off the ground to continue traveling down the road. It may sound crazy, but it works...I did this before on a loaded 18 wheeler on the 60 to get it from City of Industry to Fontana.
yea i did that with some tie downs. the only prob is the single wheel is scetchy driving on. . but thanks for the advise i do appreciate it. and thanks also for the advise about the trailer club. that is definately my next purchase. i didn't know anything like that existed.

alien4fish

I fish there for I am
Nov 19, 2006
N.33.1236 W.117.0989
www.kevinhsellshomes.com
Name
Kevin
Boat
245 Sea Ray REEL CRAZY
Yeup it works:picknose: I had a double blow out on my wagon too and thats what we do to get the truck and trailer back to the yard for repairs, ive never tryed it on my boat trailer tho ..........something to have in my (tricks up my sleeve) LOL glad you got your boat and trailer back