Catalina Island 10/3/09 with Lil' Ceez...

SealBeachKid

OUTFITTER'D
Feb 18, 2006
Strike Zone
www.radiosilencefishing.com
Name
Justin Reynolds
Boat
Free Ranger
We had made some plans to run up the line and do some filming for Ceez's Radio Silence video part...Last second change of plans saw us running for the West End under the Big White Light In The Sky. Another surreal adventure to file in the archives, no doubt.
We made our first casts at 6:30am, in an area of Lobster Bay that has been biting well for the last couple of months.
Water temp was 66+ and we had a bit of current running up and out of the beach.
The fish did not want to interface until the sun burned through the mild cloud cover.
We found 'HOT POCKETS' of fish that wanted the hard baits at first.
The bite was steady with mostly rats for the first hour or so...
We moved into an area with an emerald to blue color break that was loaded.
I made a long cast to a deep boiler with my trusty Strike King 'King Shad' in Sun Perch (Good Price, Good Hooks, Kills em', Free Dope for those of you who actually read this banter)...made two cranks and got absolutely detonated on!!!
Bass Detonation is a process of combustion in which a supersonic shock wave is propagated through a fluid due to an energy release from a reaction bite and transmitted into whichever one of your hands is closest to the water.
The fish pulled line from my buttoned drag a few times on my little green Curado 200 (these new ones do not perform as well in the salt as the older silver ones, I don't care if you tell me they are exactly the same reel of a different color.)
I brought the net today hoping we'd need it, and Ceez put it to work with a nice 'up and over' assist.
Don't care how big the fish looks, his tail was a broom and he kicked my ass on a hard bait rod I borrowed from Marc Higashi.
Light rod, lotta backbone, and a perfect match for the Curado.
The steady wind got them going until the bite switched over from the hard plastic to the soft swimmers.
Ceez had them patterned quickly and put on a rubber clinic to round out the session and put a gang of quality Quellicos on the boat.
We fished our way from point to point until the bite slowed down.
We finished the session on the outside kelp at Triangle Rock...there was a ripping down hill current and it probably went wide shortly after we left.
I straightened out a hook on a fish I never saw while Ceez got his last licks on some bass that were threatening WAR. It was looking fishy and it felt wrong to leave, but we left for home at 11am. Smooth slidin' on the downhill ride back toward LONG BEACH.
Back on the trailer by 12:15pm, washed her down, and hit the road.
The Quellicos have been gorging on fin bait over at the island, doesn't look like it will end anytime soon. Get yourself over there and give em' a good whoopin'...Stay SILENT and keep your eyes peeled for more visual leaks from the crew.

Attachments

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Nice!........

Lil Ceez

Lord Ceezer The Great
Mar 30, 2005
STRONG BEACH
Name
Asshole
Boat
The fast one.
L I V E L I F E !

Dr. Reynolds is indeed a man, a man with a master plan. A great host, not to mention a killer stick.

"Hot Pockets!"

Id also like to thank Capt. Pearl for another stellar assortment of goodies that got put to work. Had to find the one they wanted, but find it I did.

Keep it TREAL.

Back on the grind as we speak.

Turn arounds are fun.

"Baaack to liiife, baaack to realityyyyyyy."

Footage of the last few trips should be sick.

Holla

Lil ceez

eggszackly

Feb 19, 2006
long beach
Name
zack
Boat
flippers, tubes and friends
bummed i missed out but such is life. way to whack and get home quick, was a little worried for you guys wind wise cause shit was howling like an rainbow flagged werewolf in Long beach come 12.30. glad it went well . . . .

party on fruity ones

zack

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Nice session gents.

A pig is a pig Justin.....oinks to ya'

Big Pancho

Well-Known "Member"
May 2, 2007
Thousand Oaks
Name
Frank Ochoa
Boat
21' Seaswirl Striper
Just plain sick!!!!!!!!! Way to wack those bass homeboys. I need a bass fix real soon.

Big Pancho

Father Ken

Douchepickle
Apr 20, 2004
original
Name
notnek
Boat
nothing
Got my bass juices flowing yet again. Heading over for the weekend on my skiff friday night.

WAR

@WARBAITS
Sep 3, 2005
San Diego
www.warbaits.com
Name
AA
Boat
KEY WEST BR196 / HOBIE PA14
yeah gangstas.
You fishing the Pointer on the hard bait or the crank?
Solid basses

Dizzole

phones ringin' dude
Oct 15, 2005
Cypress, Ca.
Name
Brian
Boat
21' Triumph 210 "It'll Do"
Nice fake ID's fellas, R&D is not for the faint at heart suckas..... water time while you water whine !!

Hey lil' Ceez , can I buy you a fith thandwich ?

yeah , thath koo

candybar_kid

Team Basstic
Oct 4, 2009
South Bay
Name
Jared Malott
Boat
12 Fiberglass skiff, Float Tube, Boston Whaler Montauk 170 "Basstic"
looks fun nice pics

DENEK

LIL' DENEK included
Feb 13, 2006
L.B.C.
Name
DENEK
Boat
Boston Whaler 130 Sport " Low Budget "
Nice trip.
Honey do's forced me to miss this one.
Thanks for the invite Justin.

Ceez, I think that color is in the stores.
I'm pretty sure I saw it at Performance tackle.

Mar 20, 2009
Seal Beach
Name
Jacob Jahn
Boat
The Sea Rapist
Son of Bitch! Flesh For Fantasy with a Lust for LIP. Good to see you gents scored some swimmers. The OG rape team got an dirty goose egg on the Lobstini's on Friday night. Not a SINGLE bug to speak of. At least team Salami Schwartz swung their auggers with plentiful rewards.
Le' Rapista

Cuhzoz

Jul 31, 2009
Name
Derek
Boat
n/a
Fuck, You guys tore them a new hole, now only if i had a boat =/