Catalina Frontside - General Overview

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by NewportMatt, Jul 25, 2018.

1. uglyducky

uglyducky Member

Name:
    Jesse Collin
    Boat:
    Boston Whaler Outrage 21'
    I’m out there again tomorrow Matt!!!! Lemme know what channel you’re on if you go out!!!

2. NewportMatt

NewportMatt Old Spool

Name:
    Captain Matt Schubert
    Boat:
    Frances B - WorldCat 26
    I'm working another boat tomorrow and Saturday. Will be back out to Cat Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. Good luck out there and let me know how it goes.

3. bazzturd

bazzturd I fish in the ocean, not the internet

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Gwendolyn
    PSA not directed to the OP but everyone. If you're gonna slow troll give people soaking some space for F sake. Had six or more boats run our F'ing baits over (baits were not too far from boat). Had a boat run over the YT I just got bit on the iron, watch me bent and kept on driving. They must have been too busy following someone's instructions.

watersdeep likes this.
  4. watersdeep

watersdeep I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jed Venture
    Boat:
    the twisted ducker
    It is pretty amazing how many people are on BD and are reading how not to be a DICK WAD and what not to do. Then they go fishing and do exactly the opposite.

20 yards between are boat and the island and JOE DICK WAD finds it necessary to thread the needle. could not believe what we were seeing....An ear full would be an under statement.

Spread the fuck out dick wad.

5. Tunaslam

Tunaslam I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Cory Visser
    Boat:
    N/A
    Way to go guys!

6. circlehook55

circlehook55 Newbie

Name:
    Curtis
    Boat:
    14',cobra, kayak, 22' Gregor
    Great report
    Tight lines

7. NewportMatt

NewportMatt Old Spool

Name:
    Captain Matt Schubert
    Boat:
    Frances B - WorldCat 26
    People will be idiots when they are out fishing in all scenarios whether on a paddy, slow trolling, anchoring, run n gun, or just going between spots. Just like people will rant and rave on BD without providing people with real useful information.

If there are a number of boats anchored up then slow trolling that spot is not good etiquette just like drifting that area would also not be good etiquette. If you want to fish that spot then get in line and anchor up current (off the bow) of the boats there. If you are slow trolling and see maybe only one or two boats in that vicinity then make sure to go nowhere near their stern, head out to deeper water and give them plenty of space, a smile, and a wave. When we all get along and practice good etiquette we all catch more fish.

8. palella09

palella09 Newbie

Name:
    Tony
    Boat:
    12' Scrambler XT
    One of the most recent useful reports, thank you for the Intel! Was at Gibraltar from sun up to about 11 on Saturday with no luck on the right kind.. next time!