NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
www.oldspoolfishingcharters.com
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
PSA not directed to the OP but everyone. If you're gonna slow troll give people soaking some space for F sake. Had six or more boats run our F'ing baits over (baits were not too far from boat). Had a boat run over the YT I just got bit on the iron, watch me bent and kept on driving. They must have been too busy following someone's instructions.
People will be idiots when they are out fishing in all scenarios whether on a paddy, slow trolling, anchoring, run n gun, or just going between spots. Just like people will rant and rave on BD without providing people with real useful information.

If there are a number of boats anchored up then slow trolling that spot is not good etiquette just like drifting that area would also not be good etiquette. If you want to fish that spot then get in line and anchor up current (off the bow) of the boats there. If you are slow trolling and see maybe only one or two boats in that vicinity then make sure to go nowhere near their stern, head out to deeper water and give them plenty of space, a smile, and a wave. When we all get along and practice good etiquette we all catch more fish.

palella09

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 2, 2015
Name
Tony
Boat
12' Scrambler XT
One of the most recent useful reports, thank you for the Intel! Was at Gibraltar from sun up to about 11 on Saturday with no luck on the right kind.. next time!