PENN

jigmonster

Jun 11, 2006
Long Beach,Ca
Name
Ryan
Boat
50' Gail Force - 60' Triton
Sorry about the late report but I have been somewhat busy as of late, here is the report from Sunday's (8/24/14) sportfishing adventure aboard the Triton..........
The Triton out of Long Beach Sportfishing had a great day this past Sunday on an overnight trip to the Island. They started off in the squid grounds, in 16 fa of water outside Little Harbor, knowing that without the candy it was gonna be hard to put a day together with the oversized half dead sardine and mackerel in the tanks. After looking around for some time Capt. Bryan found a nice little spot of bait and set up on it. It took head deckhand Mikey all night to make but once the sun came up the passengers found 4 - 5 scoops of Catalina squid in the tank. It didn't take long before the first passenger sent one of the freshly made baits out to find himself hooked up to a quality Catalina "homeguard" Yellowtail!
The steady pick of quality fish went on all morning with some beautiful Halibut in the mix up to 33Lbs! With Yellowtail to 35lbs there were more than a few lost but once all the dust settled 20 yellows and 6 nice Halibut were on the deck.
After that bite petered out the boys made a few moves into the kelp lines and picked up a few more smaller grade yellows along with some very large Calico Bass.
Catalina Island has not produce like it is now in over a decade! Now is the time to get out and the Triton has the means to get you there!
Limited load open party trips are scheduled to run until at least the end of September aboard the Triton out of Long Beach Sportfishing.
The most current trips online are this coming Thrursday, Friday and Monday. (8/28,8/29 and 9/1/14) These trips are limited to only 25 passengers at $100 per angler. Bunks are included in the price for all anglers. This is your oppertunity to fish a great boat with light loads at a great price.
If you would like to join us please call Long Beach Sportfishing at (562) 432 - 8993 or book online atLongbeachsportfishing.com
For charter info on either the Triton or Gail Force please call Ryan at (310) 844 - 3814

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Nice job guys! Yeah, I've been focusing on the tuna mostly this season, but the two times I've fished island this summer, it was non stop on the yellows and very good fishing overall. My only complaint would be the pesky, annoying bonito. Thanks for report Ryan and good luck out there!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I have to say,all the cool pics more than makes up for the late report:)
Those are some quality halibut may I add.

Upvote 0