Islands Catalina - 7/9 and 7/10

SavageSon

• Jan 3, 2017
    COSTA MESA
    Name
    SEAWOLF
    Boat
    JACK COLE SPECIAL
    Departed sunset at 4am - picked up crappy bait from Nacho - glass like conditions across the channel - looked for bird and boils on the was but didn’t see anything. Arrived at Red bluff just before 6am and anchored in 100 feet of water - water temp was 68 - busted out a bait rod with #30 mono and a small number 4 hook - tail hooked a dine and after a long soak got bit with rod in holder I knew it was a nice size fish, as the drag peeled of and the clicker sounded off - took about 10 minutes and after a couple runs the yellow tail was welcome aboard. With the skunk off the boat, it was time for a celebration with a cold beer. Went over to YT point and anchored up with about 8 other boats - slow steady pick of baracuda - bites were steady and you had to be patient, if you set the hook to early, the fish would spit the bait. Lots of sea dogs going from boat to boat. Headed over to hen rock - pretty much wide open calico bite with every other cast - all shorts - but still fun. Got one goat at hen rock in about 100ft of water. Stayed the night on a can over in Avalon - hit up the marlon bar for some good Christian fun - woke up in the morning with a bunch of rolled bait - headed back to red bluff - caught a couple more cudas and headed home. Ended the trip with 1 yellow - 4 cuda - 1 bone - 1 goat - and. 20-30 short released calicos

C0964753-2ABE-4568-A6FB-FFCC80703689.jpeg

8ED60F0B-FE66-40B4-9E15-1E725F25F1AD.jpeg

88CB69DA-05FE-4B1E-A1DF-113B948F5B8A.jpeg

downtime

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 12, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Ronson
    Boat
    26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
    Where did you pickup that drink holder on your bait tank?

mhanson59hb
    mhanson59hb
    The best part of that installation is you never have to bring extra salt for your beer!
    :cheers:
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0