Islands Catalina 7/30

macalusoaj

Feb 10, 2007
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Anthony Macaluso
Boat
17 aquasport
Went around back on the east end from seal eock to China point to troll for yellowtail came up with nothing. On the bright side that portion of the back side the water is blue an the waves aren't to bad. Came back around to the front and got my ass kicked heading to the isthmus high spot to try for wsb waves were from a bad direction and having to hug the island a little more than I like water I 69.2 atm and green but I managed to connect with a nice wsb in the 20s(scale broke today from getting soaked) 1 1/2 Oz white lead head with frozen squid. Hardly able to make any squid last night or tonight like 3 decent ones each nite and 2 dozen micro squid. Going to sit here and attempt another until I run out of bait or daylight comes and I head back to dana point.

20210730_224152.jpg

Donkey Nick

Jul 16, 2012
Hollywood, CA, USA
Name
Nick Shamrock
Boat
Shamrock 246 Walkaround
How’s the weather? You still out there?
Heading down to San Pedro shortly.
I’m down in Cabrillo now and the wind is putting a nice ripple on the water in the Marina already. Small craft advisory is up for 3pm this afternoon.
Looks like Pop and I will stay landlocked for now.

Be safe.

- Nick

Upvote 0

macalusoaj

Feb 10, 2007
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Anthony Macaluso
Boat
17 aquasport
I headed back at 6 this morning no fog at the island like there was coastal chop on the channel this morning wasn't to bad minor white caps but that's at 7am I'd hate to see the rough part of the day.

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Great job! It's always good when you get one of the BIG 5:

White Sea Bass
    Yellowtail