Islands Catalina 7/19

macalusoaj

Feb 10, 2007
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Anthony Macaluso
Boat
17 aquasport
Got to the east end of cat around 1am and made some micro squid with a half dozen full sized thrown in for good measure spent the entire day trolling around the backside from one end to the other at 6-7mph and picked up a 29lb yellowtail around China point on a nomad dtx 140 in mackerel. Ended the day anchored up at the isthmus highspot in 80ft going for seabass and connected with the first one within seconds of the squid hitting the bottom. White jig head with a nice healthy large squid. Picked up 2 more throught the night both with the same style jig head but one with old dead squid that I would hardly call rockfish bait and the other with 4 micro squid pinned on. Left the island Tuesday morning for the 40mile run back to dana and well... looks like my throttle sensor shit the bed and had to limp home at 6 mph...didn't see one bird diving or a single bait fish under a paddy all day but it was calm at least

20210719_232941.jpg

20210719_231127.jpg

53319.jpeg

JK155

• Nov 8, 2019
    California
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Wellcraft 18 Fisherman
    Way to put in the time and work. Better fisherman than me that's for sure, I couldn't connect on our last trip there wednesday.

Upvote 0