Catalina 6/6-7 Report

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by Woodeneye, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Woodeneye

Woodeneye Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Striper 2300
    Short and sweet. Screw WSB tried and I quit, I already steelhead fish and am not enough of a glutton to target these too but we tried. Arrived Avalon around 4 Thursday afternoon. Met up with the Carnage and grabbed a scoop $75 for a super healthy 4 passes. Fished front side west and managed to get a good bass bite catching my best Calico, not saying much but it was fun. No yellows. Spent the night in West Cove. Fished all night for nothing. The Pescador was in there by 7pm and there when we left Fri morning at 6 and did ok they obviously had a better plan than us. Took off around backside west tons of bait balls and bait boiling at Farnsworth so stuck there for an hour or two jumping bait ball to bait ball until a school of Yellows started crashing the surface. Got close and launched a JRI 66 into the Frey and was rewarded with my personal best Yellow. Not a boat in sight at the Bank and we didn’t have to fish the T-Birds chum line to catch fish. Saltiga 30T and 50lb flouro ensures I didn’t lose him to the depths and hazards of the Farnsworth. Soaked squid etc and worked the area for a bit and bailed east. Best conditions for water and current were on the east end backside. Hung out for a couple hours there and my ADD kicked in an we went back to the bank. Wind chop up now and conditions not as nice as they were at 7am. Split to front side east looked around and headed home. Water temps 61 ish around island 62 high and between Dana and Cat every patty we found was dry water 63.5 mid channel. Happy hunting and enjoy the holiday weekend at the river style boat traffic this weekend. Pic won’t post will upload later.

B4F82CB7-4347-48A1-BB2B-610ACD45349A.jpeg 0E2612DF-1E44-403F-8802-CE8AD159349D.jpeg

grahams98, FloMar, fishsmith and 7 others like this.
  2. invictus

invictus AVD

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    Solid report! Congrats on the PBYT.

3. dctalk523

dctalk523 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    ChoeMan
    Boat:
    Never
  4. the SLIDER

the SLIDER https://multimediabylj.com

Name:
    L J
    Boat:
    the SLIDER
    I know, what's up with this site? Ever since the old threads emerged, everything is all glitchy. I have a good laptop and connection.

Congratulations, look forward seeing a PB personal best.

Woodeneye likes this.
  5. Woodeneye

Woodeneye Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Striper 2300
    Tried from LTE and from WiFi. I’m proud of it but don’t need to whip it out so to speak so probably done trying. Sorry if I blew the secret spot that there are Huge yellows at the Farnsworth that every now and then bite. A guy on radio after we split said they were hitting squid, when we went back nothing. Normally don’t wast our time chasing the radio but knew there was some truth to it since we got one and it was worth a shot b

6. mhanson59hb

mhanson59hb Fear No Fish

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Good job. Farnsworth bank is a super secret double probation spot that should never be divulged to the unworthy masses. You might as well give up the GPS numbers of the Vs. :D

Jesus H Christ, chief!

Woodeneye likes this.
  7. FloMar

FloMar Hired Gun!

Name:
    John Collar
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    VERY NICE INDEED, great job!

Woodeneye likes this.