Zika

Chum-Master
Aug 17, 2006
North County
Name
Robert
Boat
21 Bayliner Trophy (Cheap-BassTurd)
Grabbed a scoop of dines and ran to the island for an overnighter. Hit up Empire not much there saw a few boats no bendos moved on. Worked towards the East found good marks in and around Whites Cove I think it’s called lots of Cudas and Calicos .. son and I had fun pulling on those. Worked towards Avalon before the Condos. Lots more Cudas bigger grade breaking the surface eating micro baits. Scrambled eggs irons put a beat down on them! Started to work West again saw nice marks threw the iron and got slammed...my son and I looked at each other while the drag is smokin and he says “don’t think that’s a Calico” lol a few mins later he sticks the gaff in a nice Yellowtail!! High fives. Next morning not much else so headed back to the barn ! Fun trip again for us !!

7BD58AB7-ED89-4DEE-94CF-02CC127BC7BC.jpeg B13B057D-6185-42FA-9CE1-C697014F4347.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Wow, nice fish dad! Your son's smile is worth the price of admission alone. Great job guys!

Reactions: Zika
    Upvote 0

octans

Oct 18, 2010
    Los Angeles California
    Name
    Manuel
    Boat
    19` Starcraft Aluminum Center Console
    good Job!!

Upvote 0

Findtuna

Nov 23, 2011
    OC
    Name
    James
    Boat
    1974 Blackman 20'
    Thank you for a nice short to the point report. Great time out with your son = priceless!

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Absolutely SWEEEEEEET, Father and Son!

Upvote 0

Findtuna

Nov 23, 2011
    OC
    Name
    James
    Boat
    1974 Blackman 20'
    Grabbed a scoop of dines and ran to the island for an overnighter. Hit up Empire not much there saw a few boats no bendos moved on. Worked towards the East found good marks in and around Whites Cove I think it’s called lots of Cudas and Calicos .. son and I had fun pulling on those. Worked towards Avalon before the Condos. Lots more Cudas bigger grade breaking the surface eating micro baits. Scrambled eggs irons put a beat down on them! Started to work West again saw nice marks threw the iron and got slammed...my son and I looked at each other while the drag is smokin and he says “don’t think that’s a Calico” lol a few mins later he sticks the gaff in a nice Yellowtail!! High fives. Next morning not much else so headed back to the barn ! Fun trip again for us !!

View attachment 1038831 View attachment 1038832

Surface or yoyo jig?

Upvote 0