LACSAFD

Captain
Apr 30, 2006
OC
Name
LEWIS
Boat
Parker 2520
Down and dirty report. Pulled out of the slip at 5am. Nachos by 5:45. Great dine and minimack combo, not a single rolled bait all day. Plan was to head for the backside where we got word about a volume of fish that bit the day before. Smooth crossing, as we round the East end light even smoother.. Got to our spot, Started a series of drifts and Baaaam bendo on the 25lb fly line ZZZzzzzzZZZzzz hand it off to my buddy Bob for his very first yellowtail, 8 minutes later skunk is off 23lb hits the deck. We stuck it out until about 3pm and ended up 4 for 6 on the larger grade yellows. Handed off our bait to some dudes on a Davis looking boat. Rounded the front for a Pizza in avalon and back home in the slip by 6:30.
Tight Lines Happy Easter God Bless

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Nice report Lewis! Reach under those gill plates and release the blood before they hit the ice! Makes for better meat and betters tasting brown ales! Congrats!

Reactions: DIABLITO
Upvote 0

Mikefromlb

Almost A Member
Aug 14, 2014
LB Shoreline Marina
Name
Mike T
Boat
"Cali Dreamin" 33' Tiara Open
We were out there Friday but got there later. No traffic at your East End spot, so headed up to Farnworth Bank. Thunderbird and two private boats on Bank. We and a small boat were in the Thunderbird's chum line. Small boat hooked up on two rods; we hooked up fly lined with a sardine from Nacho's with 1 oz. slider on 25# Flouro. Almost to the boat and a seal picked it off. Nothing else the rest of day. Little shoppy on way there but real slow coming back to the East End. Trolled rapala and cider plug both directions with no takers.

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
East end, thought the fish were at the west end? Too funny. Glad you caught some. Thought the Thunderbird was fishing SCI?

Upvote 0

LACSAFD

Captain
Apr 30, 2006
OC
Name
LEWIS
Boat
Parker 2520
East end, thought the fish were at the west end? Too funny. Glad you caught some. Thought the Thunderbird was fishing SCI?

Cory depending on where I fish and swell conditions usually determines what side of the island we round in the boat. These fish were pretty much in the middle of the backside. And yes the Thunderbird did make an appearance, don't believe anything you hear on the internet.BTW i have been hearing a lot of poor things about the service mainly the skipper on that rig.. anyone know more feel free to chime in.
Tight Lines - LAC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Based on his GPS screen, looks like he was fishing the Farnsworth, not the east end. Nice fish regardless.

I saw about 8 boats on the Bank when I was out on the 3rd. Two or three were sporties, that passed on the West End...

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
well........how bout those yellows????

Reactions: LACSAFD
Upvote 0

Naked striper

Jul 11, 2014
Name
Kirk
Boat
2601 OB
Nice report. Glad u got some good yt.

I saw a bunch of good kelps last time I crossed but I didn't stop cause I didn't see any obvious life.

Hope the storm doesn't kill the bite. Season is shaping up.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Clean up on isle 10

Hope this weather doesn't shut the Island down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0