Cat Sunday 5/21/17 east front and home..

bitesomthing

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 13, 2003
Southern ca
Name
chris
Boat
always upgrading
Fished East end of Cat Sunday 5/21 arrived at island at 630am fished east end for 1 Cuda and 2-17 inch Calico, other than that it was very slow, lots of bait, cloudy mixed up water. Decided to head around to the front side and ended up stopping near Ripper cove and fished in 120 ft of water. Water was much cleaner on front side and current wasnt too bad.. here we caught 4 of the Baby YT at about 4-6 lbs and 3 Bonita. All fish were caught on Sardines with a lot of fish chasing but not eating a Red crab color Iron.... Nice day on the water, slight bump on way home and boat washed by 2:30pm..

**I think since we have to pay for plastic bags at the store because they attribute to the pollution problem. People who buy Party balloons should have to pay a recovery from the ocean fee of like $20.00, i think i lost count of how many balloons i saw floating out there yesterday....****

no pics- we have all seen Small YT..............

Bait Sardine
Sunny slight breeze day
I Showed 61 degree water.
final count:
4 YT( Smaill)
2 calico
3 Bonita
1 Barracuda
and a few small bass

Fisha

skipper
Aug 3, 2006
Orange
Name
Dave
Boat
24' sea ray flybridge, 12' w/outboard
Nice report. I see at least 4 or 5 balloons every time I make the crossing, I like the idea of a recovery fee. Would help pay for gas lol

Sent from my Pixel using BDOutdoors mobile app powered by Tapatalk

fish&snow

lurker
May 27, 2014
Name
James
Boat
Reel Freedom
I've counted over 100 mylar ballots over the past 4 trips. I will never ever buy those damn things again!.

rubble

May 10, 2007
SoCal.
Name
Robert
Boat
Trophy 1802WA
Now if we could just get the sealions to eat the balloons........

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Tell me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they are coming off of the cruz ships. If any fee should be given it should be to the cruz liners.
You are absolutely accurate. Those mofos come to Catalina every Monday and Tuesday, sometimes more.... And EVERY time they are here, if you go down wind or find the current break outside of them, there are BUTT LOADS of balloons. It's sickening. I took my daughter out yesterday for a quick cruise and we grabbed two. Saw about 20 or 30 this weekend on backside too.
I can't imagine the global impact if that's what we see here regularly from these 'little' cruise ships.

rodngun762

Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
Guys, the balloons are released inland and thermal/atmospheric dynamics draw them to the ocean. I see them fall from the sky when I'm out there. They don't (majority) come from ships/boats