PENN

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
smacked 3 keepers this morning at Catalina. Same beach. 10’ of water. 5 trips consecutive in the last 7 weeks. 2 keepers per trip- minimum. Same Beach, same spot. most have been males 23-27”. today’s i didn’t measure or weigh but i’m sure she was all of 18-20lbs. and it was a she.
last couple trips, water temp 58ish.
today 57.1 was the warmest. not a big difference but since i had this in my notes.
All fish caught on Fresh Dead.
last night my boy, his buddy and I, nailed 17 legal lobster before grabbing a can in avalon and clamping on the boat.
home by 2pm today.
Windy now but should be firing by mid week. Go get em!
glen

C252293B-1E66-4439-9177-535E22D5B258.jpeg

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Glen don't fuck around!!!

Reactions: onehottip
Upvote 0

Jeff Hannah

HALIMOTO
Sep 9, 2016
Hb
Name
Jeff
Boat
Play the Red
Great job catching... thank you for the nice report . I can’t wait for my boat to get running Catalina is holding big time sea bass halibut right now. I’m getting jealous of all the pics is see from friends making the trip...keep up the awesome work!

Reactions: Stakanak
Upvote 0

cc_gip

Jan 18, 2018
Thousand Oaks
Name
Dan
Boat
pursuit 2550OS
great catch!

Were you bouncing ball or reverse dropper loop drifting. really trying to figure out a productive rig up here @ channel islands. Could use some advice

Upvote 0

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
great catch!

Were you bouncing ball or reverse dropper loop drifting. really trying to figure out a productive rig up here @ channel islands. Could use some advice
i have been fishing flatline: 1/4-1/2 ounce slider with 4/0-8/0 hooks. never circle for hali’s. and I’ve been fortunate to fish live swuid, fresh dead or frozen squid only, with this same method. one trip we took a half scoop of sardines and i stuck to the frozen and bother the dines and frozen got bit. so who knows. but my catch has been full of squid showing saiid on their bellies primarily.
I’ve been anchoring and throwing to the beach. not much drifting.
sorry, i ramble.

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Love those back side beaches for the halibut! Gotta watch the waves if you are on a west facing beach! Congrats on the nice flatties!

Upvote 0